Stewardship Officer, Recognition
University Health Network (UHN) is a major landmark in Canada´s healthcare system and a teaching hospital of the University of Toronto. UHN Foundation raises funds for research, education and the enhancement of patient care at Toronto General and Toronto Western hospitals, Toronto Rehab and The Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The Foundation is one of Toronto’s top fundraisers and we are looking to grow our Stewardship team to continue the important work of acknowledging, recognizing and reporting back to donors on the meaningful gifts they give, ensuring that they feel appreciated and thanked for their support, along with being well informed about the impact of their gifts.
The Stewardship Officer, Recognition is responsible for building meaningful connections with donors and prospects by supporting all aspects of the Stewardship Department’s physical recognition program. The Stewardship Officer, Recognition will engage and inspire donors by acknowledging and recognizing their gifts and demonstrating the impact of their generosity, consistent with best practices in donor relations.
- Coordinate and produce materials relating to naming opportunities such as:
- Campaign / Program specific catalogues and naming hierarchies
- Donor / gift specific recognition proposals, including documents for donor approvals as well as design and layout for external suppliers
- Plaque gallery design layouts for various program areas
- Collaborate with fundraising teams on recognition options for donors and liaise with Hospital staff regarding installation of recognition
- Responsible for ordering naming opportunity plaques and signage through external suppliers, obtaining quotes, scheduling installation and meeting on site to assist with placement
- Responsible for working with UHNs Activity Permit group to ensure installers liability insurance and WSIB papers are up to date and accurate as well as working with the Facilities team to prep wall space with patching and painting, as required
- Liaise with relevant suppliers to ensure the highest quality work within budget constraints
- Responsible for tracking inventory through GiftMap database or equivalent
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders as required
- Support the Foundation’s strategic plan and vision and uphold the Foundation’s values of collaboration, accountability, inclusion and integrity
- A relevant 4-year degree or, a relevant 3-year degree/diploma combined with a professional certification or, an equivalent combination of formal education and relevant experience.
- 3-5 years of experience working with senior professional fundraising staff and volunteers.
- A proven track record for managing competing priorities with multiple stakeholders, both external and internal
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a strong attention to detail and aptitude for engaging donors
- Experience building trusted partner relationships with internal stakeholders and external vendors
- Proven ability to build and sustain strong working relationships with colleagues and key stakeholders as well as work independently (and with ambiguity) to achieve results
- Proven ability to prioritize, plan and manage projects within established deadlines
- Highly proficient in the use of all corporate productivity tools including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, monday.com and Slack
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and/or other design programs preferred
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or other donor database management systems considered an asset
- Fast-paced, service and results oriented environment
- May have some activity outside of regular office work hours
- The Foundation has a hybrid work model. Staff will be required to have a safe home office set-up 2-3 days per week and will be in office for 2-3 days per week, (specifics to be planned with your manager.)
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues in all positions throughout the Foundation
- Shared commitment and support of the overall Foundation goals
Interested candidates should send your resume and cover letter via email to the UHN Foundation People and Culture inbox: UHNFPeopleandCulture@uhn.ca
Please put this role title in the subject line. Only candidates who submit a cover letter will be considered.
University Health Network thanks all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. UHN has a diverse workforce and is an equal-opportunity employer.