Stewardship Officer, Reporting
University Health Network (UHN) is a major landmark in Canada´s healthcare system and a teaching hospital of the University of Toronto. UHN Foundation raises funds for research, education and the enhancement of patient care at Toronto General and Toronto Western hospitals, Toronto Rehab and The Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The Foundation is one of Toronto’s top fundraisers and we are looking to grow our Stewardship team to continue the important work of acknowledging, recognizing and reporting back to donors on the meaningful gifts they give, ensuring that they feel appreciated and thanked for their support, along with being well informed about the impact of their gifts.
The Stewardship Officer, Reporting is responsible for building meaningful connections with donors by supporting all aspects of the Stewardship Department’s Impact Reporting program. The Stewardship Officer, Reporting will engage and inspire donors by demonstrating the impact of their generosity, consistent with best practices in donor relations.
Manage and track annual reporting deliverables
- Manage the process and system to record, track, update, and maintain reporting deliverables for gifts of $100,000+
- Ensure donor intentions in agreements are honored in terms of reporting frequency and deliverables, working with the Major Gifts team
- Coordinate monthly update meetings with the Major Gifts team and writers, and update teams as required
- Ensure reporting notes are up-to-date in Raiser’s Edge, and completed reports are uploaded
- Provide background information from gift agreements and financials to the writers as required in support of the development of reports
- Generate stats as required for audit reporting purposes
- Review and assess the efficiency of the process. Make recommendations and implement as necessary
Manage Birthday Program
- Manage the process to track and maintain the list of birthdays for $1,000,000+ donors and Board Members
- Review list of donor birthdays on a monthly basis with Senior Director, Stewardship
- Create customized birthday cards for milestone birthdays using templates provided by Senior Graphic Designer
- Coordinate with donor managers to identify all staff that need to sign birthday cards and facilitate in collecting staff messages
- Place orders with vendors for cookies, flowers, baskets etc. and coordinate delivery of gift to donor’s residence
- When requested, create personalized photobooks for special occasions using photos from past foundation events
- Advise CEO of birthday cards and gifts sent to donors
Assist the Stewardship team with Special Projects as needed
- Assist in the coordination, implementation, and completion of projects assigned by the Senior Director
- Assist in planning by helping to define project scope, goals, deliverables, and perform research as required
- Assist in the development of budgets
- Create schedules and project timelines
- Assist in the implementation of projects working with internal/external staff, stakeholders, and vendors
- Track project deliverables and progress
- A relevant 4-year degree or, a relevant 3-year degree/diploma combined with a professional certification or, an equivalent combination of formal education and relevant experience.
- 3-5 years of experience working with senior professional fundraising staff and volunteers.
- A proven track record for managing competing priorities with multiple stakeholders, both external and internal
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a strong attention to detail and aptitude for engaging donors
- Experience building trusted partner relationships with internal stakeholders and external vendors
- Proven ability to build and sustain strong working relationships with colleagues and key stakeholders as well as work independently (and with ambiguity) to achieve results
- Proven ability to prioritize, plan and manage projects within established deadlines
- Highly proficient in the use of all corporate productivity tools including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, monday.com and Slack
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or other donor database management systems
- Fast-paced, service and results oriented environment
- May have some activity outside of regular office work hours
- The Foundation has a hybrid work model. Staff will be required to have a safe home office set-up 2-3 days per week and will be in office for 2-3 days per week, (specifics to be planned with your manager.)
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues in all positions throughout the Foundation
- Shared commitment and support of the overall Foundation goals
Interested candidates should send your resume and cover letter via email to the UHN Foundation People and Culture inbox: UHNFPeopleandCulture@uhn.ca
Please put this role title in the subject line. Only candidates who submit a cover letter will be considered.
University Health Network thanks all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. UHN has a diverse workforce and is an equal-opportunity employer.