Stewardship Programs Coordinator
Date Posted: 12/19/2022
Req ID: 28980
Faculty/Division: VP – Division of University Advancement
Department: University Development
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
Position Number: 00045253
The Division of University Advancement (DUA) aims to sustain and enhance the University of Toronto’s academic mission, leadership, and worldwide impact, by engaging alumni and private sector constituentsmeaningfully in the mission of the University, building mutually beneficial relationships of increasing value and satisfaction over time.
DUA at the University of Toronto is engaged in a transformative agenda deeply rooted in the University’s vision for growth and innovation. We are focused on growing fundraising efforts; enhancing the effectiveness and satisfaction of alumni engagement and programs; building advancement talent capacity within and across divisions; creating an organizationand culture that fosters diversity and inclusiveness.
The Stewardship office at the Division of University Advancement (DUA) leads the development and implementation of stewardship programs and services that seek to foster a culture of accountability, service and appreciation to the University’s donors. Our team is responsible for delivering the University’s central stewardship programs and providing support and services to divisional advancement teams, with the goal of maintaining a best-practice, industry leading program and team.
The Stewardship Programs Coordinator provides support for DUA’s core donor reporting and recognition programs. Reporting to the Director, Stewardship Programs and Services, you will be responsible for day to day operations of DUA’s stewardship programs, ensuring that established procedures are followed and that critical data, records and systems are maintained. You will directly support thedelivery of services to divisional and central Advancement teams, maintaining established standards of service and ensuring a positive experience for both donors and colleagues. You will assist with preparing, compiling, and editing information for inclusion in donor reports and communications and providing research and analysis to support donor recognition programs and projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Fostering positive relationships withprospective and existing donors.
- Responding to enquiries within the defined scope of the role and redirecting as appropriate.
- Identifying and resolving individual data anomalies and discrepancies.
- Resolving issues within the scope ofthe role and escalating problems as required.
- Formatting data collected for presentations and reports.
- Verifying the accuracy and completeness of information.
- Bachelor’sDegree or acceptable combination of equivalent experience.
- Minimum three (3) years relevant experience, preferably in an advancement setting.
- Experience participating in stewardship programs in a higher education environment is preferred.
- Experience entering and maintaining large sets of data in a complex database system required.
- Experience maintaining and implementing recordkeeping and document management systems.
- Experience writing and editing memos, business correspondence and biographical information required.
- Experience in the development of donor appreciation documents, drafting and editing memos, business correspondence from non-template documents.
- Experience in record maintenance, data management and report generation.
- Experience with fundraising database ARBOR or related database required.
- Experience preparing reports from multiple data sources required.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel.
- Knowledge of data analysis techniques, including Excel Pivot Tables and charts.
- Demonstrated customer service and tact to assist alumni, donors, partners, students and faculty.
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to a high level of ethical standards in utilizing donor information and to confidential requirements.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Team player
Note: This role is currently eligible for a hybrid work arrangement, pursuant to University policies and guidelines, including but not limited to the University of Toronto’s Alternative Work Arrangements Guideline
Closing Date: 01/11/2023, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget – Continuing
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 10 — $63,720 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $81,485. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Communication/Media/Public Relations
Recruiter: Stefanie Latham
Lived Experience Statement
Candidates who are members of Indigenous, Black, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ communities, persons with disabilities, and other equity deserving groups are encouraged to apply, and their lived experience shall be taken into consideration as applicable to the posted position.