Strategist (Fundraising Agency)
STRATEGIST (Fundraising Agency)
WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOU!
Are you a direct response marketer who loves to dig into the numbers? Are you passionate about applying insights to help non-profit organizations develop their programs, through optimizing current programs and supporting growth strategies? If so, then this position may be for you!
The Strategist is a key member of our Strategy and Planning team, working alongside a Sr Strategist to translate client objectives alongside insights and trends into actionable, audience led, go-to-market strategies and plans.
- Minimum 3 years working in direct response, with a strong understanding of data and metrics, with a demonstrated ability to apply them to drive program strategy
- Solid team player with a strong client service focus
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent and proactive verbal and written communication skills
- Clear editing and strong proofing skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, while still collaborating and being a team player
- Ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities
- Strong computer software ability in MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Teams and Adobe Acrobat
- Positive outlook and works collaboratively, striving to meet team goals
- Knowledge of direct response marketing including an understanding of market trends and metrics
- Not a requirement, but we consider past agency experience working directly with clients an asset for this role.
- Proven experience in direct fundraising, with a focus on integrated campaigns including Direct Mail, Digital Media and Email.
- Work alongside a Sr Strategist on key clients, with responsibilities including data analysis, overarching campaign strategy, journey planning and development, messaging strategy, testing plans
- Undertake post-mortems to arrive at actionable insights that will inform strategy development.
- Distill insights into compact, easy to understand language that inspires.
- Collaborate with team members across departments in the agency – Insights, Strategic Solutions, Client Relationships, Digital, Operations and Strategic Solutions
WHO IS BLAKELY?
We are a diverse and smart team who value transparency, collaboration, hard work, and curiosity. We value people above all else and we demonstrate that in our team, in our work, and within the amazing relationships we nurture every day with our clients.
As a workplace which strives to create a culture based on inclusivity and teamwork, we believe that our culture is our biggest competitive advantage. We provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, colour, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, neurodiversity or disability, visible or invisible.
We need YOU – a smart and savvy Strategist who wants to make a difference in the world – to join our Strategy and Planning Team.
Salary Range: The starting salary range for this position is $75,000 – $85,000 (full potential ranges up to $90,000) commensurate with experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and vision care, 3 weeks’ vacation plus an additional 9.5 Blakely days off (half day Fridays before each long weekend and the office is closed for one week at the end of December each year).
Location: This is a location flexible position. The successful candidate will be able to choose where they do their day-to-day work either from home or the Blakely office, located in Aurora, ON. This position can also be fully remote and is considered remote if you live more than 150 kilometers from the Blakely office. Maintaining a good working relationship is key to success, for non-remote workers, there will be a requirement to come into the office occasionally for meetings and meet in person with clients as the role requires. For remote workers, there will be a requirement to come to the Blakely office for in-person meetings approximately 4-6 times per calendar year and occasional travel for in person client meetings dependent on the client and Blakely needs, with reimbursement for travel based on Blakely’s policy.
HOW TO APPLY
If this description sounds like you, please send your resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11:59 p.m. on December 22, 2023 . We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates of interest will be contacted.
Begin your journey with us in 2024, and let’s inspire people to do more.