TFS Foundation – Alumni Officer
Position Type: Full-time
Hours of work: 9.00 am to 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday (with 1 hour unpaid lunch)
Location: 306 Lawrence Avenue East, Toronto, Ontario
Start Date: As soon as possible
About the Position
Reporting to the Director, Foundation Operations, the Alumni Officer will be responsible for managing a robust alumni program and implementing an effective engagement strategy to build relationships and a culture of philanthropy in the TFS alumni community. The Alumni Officer will be responsible for executing the alumni program, which includes communication initiatives, digital engagement, volunteer management and event programming. As an integral member of the TFS Foundation, you will be a main point of contact for our alumni community, the TFS Alumni Association Executive and the Alumni Recognition Committee.
The Alumni Officer is responsible for the following:
- In conjunction with the Director, Alumni & Foundation Operations, develop and implement an annual alumni program to foster alumni engagement and support TFS’ annual and long-term strategic goals.
- to create and execute innovative alumni programs to increase alumni engagement through:
o digital engagement and communications
o volunteer and mentorship opportunities
o alumni awards and recognition
o impactful, high quality alumni events (in Toronto and in alumni communities around the world)
- Lead content development and delivery for alumni communications (including print and digital communications, newsletters, reports, social media, etc.).
- Act as the primary point of contact for alumni volunteers, including the TFS Alumni Association Executive and its committees, alumni guest speakers and TFS Alumni Class Reps.
- In conjunction with the Director, manage the alumni budget and execute programs within available resources by monitoring and tracking expenses within the budget.
- Evaluate program performance through measurement and tracking and make recommendations for changes to enhance engagement effectiveness and affinity to TFS.
- Collaborate with the Major Gifts team to identify and cultivate potential donors, while providing exceptional stewardship to current alumni and annual donors.
- Maintain current and accurate information in Raiser’s Edge.
- Other projects/duties as assigned.
What We Offer
We operate in a fast paced, stimulating and multilingual environment as a small, dynamic team where relationships and mutual support are fundamental to how we operate and achieve our goals. Beyond this exceptional environment, TFS offers competitive employment packages, including:
- Professional development and personal growth
- Working in a school environment that is supportive of parents/families, we offer generous vacation time and flexible working conditions during the summer months and during other scheduled school holidays (i.e. Winter break)
Who We Are Looking For
We recruit candidates who embrace our TFS values of integrity, discernment, respect and engagement. The ideal individual for this position will have the below:
- Alumni Relations, constituent relations and/or fundraising.
- Recruiting, managing, and motivating volunteers. Working in Independent Schools is an asset.
- Event planning, execution and management.
- Developing targeted communications to foster engagement and managing social media content and platforms.
- Budget management and expense tracking.
- Relevant university degree and/or post graduate certificate (or equivalent) in fundraising, event management and/or alumni relations.
- 5 years of experience in alumni relations, fundraising and/or program management with a proven track record of success.
- Consideration will be given to a combination of education and experience.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of French or Mandarin is an asset.
- Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships across multiple constituencies.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and solution orientation; sound decision-making ability with a positive “can do” attitude.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge, Graduway and Net Directories is an asset.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong event management skills, with attention to details.
- Strong time management and project management skills; ability to establish priorities, plan and manage multiple activities with coinciding deadlines.
- Continuous improvement orientation through excellent data measurement and analysis.
- Ability to calmly and effectively work in a fast paced environment and be adaptable to changing needs.
- Working with and supporting volunteers, committees and colleagues.
- Works well independently and as a team player.
- Flexibility to travel as needed
TFS welcomes applications from Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, women, persons of all sexual orientations and genders, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
TFS has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy requiring vaccination for all eligible members of the community including new employees. New employees will be required to provide their proof of vaccination to the HR department on their first day of employment.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and a résumé here as soon as possible. Please use the candidate portal through the link provided.