Vice President, Communications and Donor Engagement
Vice President, Communications and Donor Engagement
St Joseph’s Health Centre Foundation
St. Joseph’s Health Centre Foundation is seeking an experienced, strategic, and innovative marketing and communications leader who combines experience in institutional marketing and communications with a specialized expertise in enhancing the donor experience to become the new Vice-President Communications and Donor Engagement.
Currently preparing for the largest campaign in our history, St. Joseph’s Foundation’s new Vice-President will play an integral role leading marketing and communications initiatives and developing donor communications and engagement strategies to support the various campaign phases. By strategically targeting our many audiences through compelling communications and engagement strategies, together with the Foundation team, the incoming Vice-President will play a powerful role in helping us ignite giving and exceed our campaign and Foundation objectives.
With a sophisticated, experience-based understanding of philanthropy the Vice-President Communications and Donor Engagement will bring a strong creative vision and strategic mindset to this new role within the Foundation as a key member of the Foundation Senior Leadership Team. Reporting to the President and CEO, the Vice-President will integrate the key areas of Marketing, Stewardship and Impact and effectively lead a dedicated team of three managers through an evolution of strategic donor communication with the goal of maximizing fundraising success and donor loyalty, and enhancing the approach to brand management, campaigns, and stewardship.
Focused on achieving the five priorities in the Foundation’s strategic plan and supporting the evolution of fundraising and engagement with existing and potential donors, the Vice-President will be a strategic thinker who can also be a “hands on” implementer, with a thorough understanding of the importance of brand building and positioning to ensure the continual evolution of St. Joseph’s vibrant community profile.
St. Joseph’s Health Centre has been serving southwest Toronto for over 100 years and is one of Canada’s busiest community teaching hospitals looking after a vibrant community of over half a million people. This is an exciting time to join the Foundation and be part of a highly motivated team of professionals where everyone contributes to our success in raising funds that will transform our hospital in the years to come.
ABOUT ST. JOSEPH’S HEALTH CENTRE
St. Joseph’s Health Centre Toronto is a Catholic community teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto and accredited with exemplary standing by Accreditation Canada. For over 100 years, St. Joseph’s has been serving the health-care needs of the diverse communities of southwest Toronto.
Through its affiliation with the University of Toronto, St. Joe’s is part of the Unity Health Toronto along with St. Michael’s Hospital and Providence Health Centre. The network serves patients, residents and clients across the full spectrum of care, spanning primary care, secondary community care, tertiary and quaternary care services to post-acute through rehabilitation, palliative care and long-term care, while investing in world-class research and education.
St. Joseph’s has a long and proud tradition of serving the diverse and growing needs of a vibrant west Toronto community for more than a century. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph in 1921 to serve the needs of the west end, it began as a 25 bed hospital and a school of nursing. Within the year it had grown to 112 beds and within the decade it had an emergency department and operating room facilities. As this neighbourhood grew, so did the need for care. From opening the first pediatrics department in a general hospital in 1949 to becoming the first to open an intensive care unit in Toronto in 1962, the Sisters continued to respond to the needs of the community.
Today, St. Joseph’s stands as a proud community teaching health centre affiliated with the University of Toronto, serving nearly half a million people. St. Joseph’s roots in the west end community continue to run deep, as does its commitment to living the promise first made by the Sisters of St. Joseph when they founded the hospital to care for those in need. In April, the Government of Ontario made a commitment of $1B+ to support a transformation of St. Joseph’s in the coming years so that the hospital can continue looking after those who turn to it for care, with compassion for all.
ABOUT ST. JOSEPH’S HEALTH CENTRE FOUNDATION
At the St. Joseph’s Health Centre Foundation we are committed to continuing to transform St. Joseph’s, advancing the health of our community and ensuring the best care experiences to Toronto’s west end. We are guided by our mission to inspire philanthropy from our community and raise the funds needed to support that transformation.
The Foundation has grown in recent years to be a leading community hospital foundation with a strong and engaged board of directors. Following on the success of our recent $100M+ Promise campaign, the Foundation is launching its most ambitious campaign to date supporting the largest transformation of St. Joe’s in its history.
Last year was our most successful fundraising year ever and we raised over $19.2 million to support care at St. Joe’s. Donations were immediately put to work in response to pandemic needs in addition to funding renovations, equipment and vital programs at St. Joe’s.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategy and Planning
- Work with the President and CEO, Vice President Development, VP of Operations and Community and other Foundation colleagues to support the strategic planning process and develop the annual Foundation business plan.
- Lead the creation, implementation, oversight and measurement of all Foundation marketing and communications and donor relations strategies, budgets and plans.
- Model an entrepreneurial spirit with a growth mindset to support the Foundation’s fundraising and ensure that this approach is shared across the Foundation.
- Lead, educate, cultivate, and move strategy forward across all stakeholder groups (Senior Management, Board of Directors, Unity Health colleagues, and Corporate Partners).
- Support Foundation colleagues by providing strategic advice and integrating communications strategies to meet fundraising goals.
- Serve as the Foundation’s key advisor on communications working collaboratively with hospital communications partners as required.
- Improve and build project management, marketing and stewardship processes and assets.
- Use evidence and data to develop and support key performance indicators, make program decisions and demonstrate impact.
- Monitor trends in the non-profit and healthcare sectors to identify new opportunities for Foundation profile and growth.
- Manage and/or participate in relevant committees and sub-committees of the Board of Directors.
Marketing, Communications and Donor Relations
- Create, direct and oversee all aspects of marketing and communications including brand management, profile development and consistency, advertising, promotion, experiential, collateral, market research and digital and social media.
- Lead the delivery of public facing strategies and campaigns including integrated marketing and communications, public relations, digital and social media.
- Enhance the donor experience, map donor journeys, and create profiles/personas for the purposes of highly tailored communications and engagement strategies.
- Provide oversight and advice to ensure communications are aligned with Foundation strategic direction and priorities internally, with the hospital and within Unity Health.
- Oversee the development and production of all marketing and communications materials taking a lead role in content development and writing, delivering persuasive messages to targeted audiences through the case for support, proposals, donor impact reports e-newsletters, event collateral, website, e-communications etc.
- Leverage a portfolio of traditional and digital media, to cultivate and steward existing donors, acquire new supporters, and leverage successes to raise awareness.
- Manage website strategy and develop content to support priorities, activities, and programs in collaboration with the fundraising team.
- Develop direct response strategies to move donors and prospects through the pipeline through the acquisition of new donors, re-engagement of lapsed donors, and retention of existing donors.
- Develop KPIs to track and evaluate department initiatives.
- Protect the brand and visual identity of the Foundation and ensure adherence to standards.
- In partnership with the VP, Development, create and implement a donor stewardship strategy and plan with measurable goals to support the growth of major gifts from individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Review and develop current donor stewardship activities to improve the donor experience and further engage donors in the life of the Hospital.
- Support differentiated donor relations strategies across channels of giving i.e. major, annual, planned giving.
Leadership and People
- Influence and implement plans in a dynamic and collaborative environment that involves multiple departments, stakeholders, and cross-functional teams.
- Work collaboratively with the President and CEO and contribute as a supportive and active member of the senior leadership team to enhance the overall success of Foundation priorities and activities.
- Manage competing priorities and work effectively with SJHCF and Unity colleagues, board members, other volunteers, donors, corporate partners, other stakeholders to achieve business objectives.
- Work cooperatively with the hospital’s communication’s team to maintain and build the relationship ensuring that mutual interests are considered and promoted.
- Build relationships with Hospital partners and senior management to gather stories of patient experiences that may be used to create communication material that showcase the excellence and unique value of SJHC. The Vice President will be a natural relationship builder, with the skill and confidence to network and negotiate effectively at senior levels within and outside the Foundation.
- Manage and coach a high performing team of three, motivating them to achieve their individual and team goals, collaborate with teams across the Foundation to meet goals and contribute to an outstanding organization culture.
- Work with our AOR and media buyer to oversee the design and production of campaigns.
- Provide oversight of all agencies, external vendor, contract, and freelance employee relationships.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY COMPETENCIES
- Progressive senior leadership experience, with a proven track record in fundraising communications brand development and direct marketing, ideally within a hospital, educational or other complex setting.
- Demonstrated success in the development and implementation of strategic marketing and communications plans, campaigns, projects, and initiatives.
- Strong working knowledge of the integral relationship between enterprise strategic vision, the philanthropic growth plan, campaign design and strategy, constituent engagement, communications, donor experience, fundraising and philanthropy operations.
- Proven experience applying data analytics and mining to create strategies to further engage the community to identify new prospects and cultivate donors.
- High level understanding of donor engagement across social and other digital platforms, including tracking and
- Exceptional written communication skills and low writer ego with proven success supporting fundraising and donor relations.
- Demonstrated experience leading high performing teams.
- Collaborative and flexible with a learner mindset that welcomes feedback and strives for excellence.
- Experience supporting senior volunteers and boards.
- Outcome focussed with excellent project and time management skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines and deliver on KPIs.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Suite of programs, digital asset management, email communications platforms and web content management systems.
- Experience working with BlackBaud suite of products (e.g. Raiser’s Edge NXT, Luminate) is an asset.
- Knowledge of St. Joseph’s catchment area strongly preferred.
- University degree, ideally in business with a marketing focus or related field. Consideration will be given to equivalent combination of education and experience.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
KCI Search + Talent has been retained to conduct this search on behalf of St. Joseph’s Health Centre Foundation. For more information about this opportunity, please contact Samantha David, Associate Vice President, KCI Search + Talent by email at StJosephs@kcitalent.com
To view full position brief, please visit www.kcitalent.com
All inquiries and applications will be held in strict confidence. Interested candidates should send resume and letter of interest to the email address listed above by January 26, 2023.
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. We aim to reduce barriers and support accessibility and as such, we will accommodate any needs set out under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
The target salary range for this role is $120,000 to $150,000. We also offer an industry leading pension plan (HOOPP), and an excellent benefits package. A performance-based bonus is also available to the successful candidate.
Foundation staff enjoy the flexibility of a hybrid work model working in the Foundation office located at 30 The Queensway in west Toronto three days a week, and from a home office two days a week.