Vice President Marketing & Donor Engagement
Organization: Humber River Hospital Foundation
Title: Vice President Marketing & Donor Engagement
Reports to: President & CEO
Direct Reports: Director Communications & Digital – VACANT; Associate Director Stewardship and Donor Engagement; Manager Special Events
Indirect Reports: Senior Comm, Digital Lead; Coordinator Donor Engagement; Coordinator Special Events
Key Internal Relationships: Hospital Public Affairs and Marketing Team; The Foundation’s Board of Directors, Marketing Committee; VP of Finance; VP of Development
Key External Relationships: Agency, Vendors & Consultants; Community relationships as a senior leader and ambassador of the Foundation
Location: Hybrid work model, currently minimum 3 days in office. When in office, on site at the Hospital: 1235 Wilson Avenue, Level 1, North York, Ontario.
Is this you?
You are reading this Position Profile because it’s entirely possible you could become the Vice President Marketing & Donor Engagement for Humber River Hospital Foundation. Consideration for the role starts with your own – objective – personal analysis.
In other words, are you the right fit? – A talented integrated marketing strategist who drives disruptive ideas that transform brands and build long-term public engagement and commitment that drives revenue? You are a skilled, experienced, and inspiring builder and leader of teams who is all things digital using data-driven marketing, cutting-edge technologies, and best-in-class analytics to generate increased marketing effectiveness and proven returns.
If you are excited that your experience and passion could build a transformative movement of public enthusiasm and commitment to Humber River Hospital, then please read on.
Lighting New Ways in Healthcare – Humber River Hospital stands apart. As North America’s most digital hospital, their state-of-the-art facility is enabling their physicians and staff to deliver healthcare in new and innovative ways and is a model of efficiency for hospitals around the world. Everything they do is to enhance not only healthcare outcomes but also the patient and family experience.
Humber River Hospital Foundation raises funds to invest in the programs, technologies and equipment that make their Hospital’s superior patient care a reality. Since the day they opened their new facility, they have proudly stayed ahead of a changing world, always innovating to continue lighting new ways in healthcare now and into the future. This spirit of innovation is powered by the Foundation’s donors and volunteers, who share their vision for a brighter future.
Please refer to the Foundation www.hrhfoundation.ca and the Humber River Hospital website www.hrh.ca for additional information.
This role is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to utilize brand, marketing, and communications expertise to expand the impact, reach and overall engagement with Humber River Hospital.
Reporting to and working closely with the Foundation’s President & CEO, the Vice President Marketing & Donor Engagement serves as a key member of the Foundation Executive Team and works in partnership with the exceptional leadership team of Humber River Hospital to enhance and build donor engagement and overall pubic commitment.
The culture of Humber River Hospital Foundation is one based on the values of donor-centred, visionary, and inspirational. It is a place where people have a strong understanding of the value they bring to the whole organization. This unique and fulfilling environment will be most attractive to a candidate with a close affinity for the Foundation’s mission and vision.
This position is a result of a retirement of a long tenured marketing and communications leader. In this newly imagined leadership role, our successful candidate will have expertise in integrated brand strategy development and implementation, campaign planning and execution, event conceptualization, omni-channel marketing, and corporate communications with a focus on compelling storytelling. Further, they are skillful in direct and digital marketing, and have a strong understanding about how data informs marketing.
The over-arching mandate is to conceptualize, develop, and operationalize a transformational brand in partnership with the Hospital. Building an inspirational and engaged culture, one that fuels revenue generation, demands data-driven analytics and decision-making.
As a key liaison with the hospital marketing & communications team, the VP Marketing & Donor Engagement will oversee all marketing, communications, donor engagement operations including events and e-philanthropy of the Foundation.
The opportunity will appeal to an accomplished, approachable marketing executive who will bring strategy and creativity to the Foundation along with excellent relationship skills and experience successfully leading and inspiring a broad functional team. Our successful candidate will display rigorous business acumen that can inform fresh and perhaps unconventional approaches – someone grounded but inquisitive, a leader with humility, a listener with big ideas.
This is a mission-critical role that will advance projects to generate revenue in:
- Brand – in partnership with the Hospital –to enhance loyalty/engagement and increase awareness throughout the entire community
- Strategic Communications
- Propel E-Philanthropy
- Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Event Management
- Pertinent degree, subsequent training/accreditation
- MBA/MMKG/MSc Marketing or related degree preferred
- At least ten years of Brand, Marketing and/or Communications leadership with a track record of success and highly conversant on everything ‘digital’
- Experience crafting successful marketing strategies for reaching a broad and highly diverse audience, implementing, and critically analyzing results
- Experience working with a myriad of stakeholders
- Leadership experience in the not-for-profit sector, either through work experience or through senior volunteerism
Character & Competencies
- a Servant/Leader ethos that becomes engrained in the Team Culture
- a respected ability to motivate everyone for the mission – to rally, challenge, and inspire a diverse team to the highest of standards
- forthrightness in holding people accountable – an honest approach to building a team and building careers – a great coach
- an attitude that champions disruptive ideas that drive brand awareness and engagement
- a highly analytical and data-driven approach
- an ability to paint a big picture by paying close attention to the details
- a passion for life-long learning and staying current, for discovering, understanding, and implementing cutting-edge technologies and processes for greater reach and cost-effectiveness
- excellent problem-solving skills – structuring/analysis/synthesis
- honesty, openness, transparency, authenticity, and model these in all situations and for all interactions
- the ability and insight to navigate organizational dynamics
- experience in a multi-stakeholder environment where you have led by consensus
Ideally will exhibit:
- a positive attitude for self and team: anything can be solved; anything can be accomplished
- a belief that opportunity can always be found in facing problems and creativity
- refreshing but respectful candor
- a modus operandi that puts the mission ahead of personal advancement
- the highest of personal and corporate standards – ‘good enough’ is never enough
- frugality – a nose for doing more with less
Compensation range: $140,000 – $160,000 plus additional benefits and the HOOPP pension.
Humber River Hospital Foundation hires based on merit and is strongly committed to equality and diversity within its community and to a welcoming and inclusive workplace. Humber River Hospital Foundation especially welcomes applications from Indigenous persons, visible minority group members, women, persons with disabilities, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
If you are looking for an outstanding challenge, working with one of the most well known and highly respected hospital foundations in Canada, then what are you waiting for? Apply now! Please include a cover letter and CV addressed to Lindsay Preston at email@example.com. The posting closes on Friday, February 24th, 2023.
Please note only qualified respondents will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.