VP of Marketing & Community Engagement
About the Position
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team, as Southlake Regional Health Centre Foundation looks to add an outstanding marketing and fundraising leader. We are seeking a Vice President, Marketing & Community Engagement to deliver an integrated, omni-channel brand strategy focused on driving revenue growth, enhancing the Southlake brand, and elevating donor experience and community engagement.
Reporting to the Southlake Foundation President & CEO, the Vice President, Marketing & Community Engagement leads and oversees marketing, communications, annual giving, and community engagement programs, to drive the Foundation’s philanthropic mission. A strong history of developing integrated marketing and fundraising plans is required to: support revenue generation across fundraising channels; build the Foundation’s digital footprint and influence; strengthen the Southlake brand in partnership with the Hospital; enhance the donor experience at all levels; engage the communities Southlake serves; and position the Foundation for growth.
Build healthier communities. Shape the future of healthcare.
Southlake Regional Health Centre
Southlake is building healthy communities through outstanding care, innovative partnerships, and amazing people. We deliver a wide range of healthcare services to the communities of northern York Region and southern Simcoe County. Our advanced regional programs include Cancer Care and Cardiac Care and serve a broader population across the northern GTA and into Simcoe-Muskoka. Our team of nearly 6,000 staff, physicians, volunteers, students and Patient and Family Advisors are committed to creating an environment where the best experiences happen. As a recognition of our commitment to quality and patient safety, we have received the highest distinction of Exemplary Standing from Accreditation Canada. With an annual operating budget of over $500 million, we care for one of Ontario’s most rapidly growing and aging populations and have developed an exciting plan for new facilities to serve our communities into the future. A member of the Southlake Community Ontario Health Team, we are working with our partners to deliver connected care to northern York Region and southern Simcoe County.
Southlake Regional Health Centre Foundation
Since the inception of Southlake Foundation in 1980, more than $213 million dollars has been raised in support of Southlake Regional Health Centre. Working with members of the community, hundreds of volunteers, the Southlake Family and our incredible donors, Southlake Foundation will continue to support life-saving medical equipment, infrastructure upgrades and expansions, and patient programs, all for the goal of providing leading edge care for patients and families, close to home. For more information visit: southlakefoundation.ca.
About the Role and Responsibilities
- Oversee the development and execution of compelling and effective brand, marketing and communication strategies to grow awareness and engagement within Southlake’s catchment area, reach the Foundation’s key donor audiences and achieve fundraising objectives.
- Oversee an ongoing, proactive media engagement strategy that supports the Foundation’s achievement of its goals, increases affinity to the Foundation and bolsters its public reputation.
- Lead the creative design and development of Foundation content with an emphasis on cases for support, gift proposals, annual reports, and public-facing strategic projects.
- Lead the continued development of best-in-class omni-channel brand, marketing and communications programs to ensure delivery of donor-centric messaging that enhances community engagement with fundraising initiatives.
- Conduct market and stakeholder research and evaluate marketing and communication strategies using data analytics, established performance indicators and industry insights.
- Lead development of an integrated annual fundraising strategy and plan for: direct mail, tribute, hospital family, mid-level and monthly giving, including data-driven strategies and plans to support acquisition, upgrades and retention.
- Develop and implement an integrated digital marketing strategy and plan that leverages digital channels to drive fundraising success and increase brand awareness and engagement.
- Provide strategic leadership and direction to mission-aligned annual signature/special events, ensuring innovative fundraising events that engage volunteers and the community and produce high return results.
- Provide strategic leadership and direction in the identification of meaningful opportunities in third party events to drive brand and community awareness, and optimize community engagement and revenue generation.
- Strategically utilize data analytics to inform business decisions and generate fundraising results.
- Nurture a strong, collaborative relationship with the Hospital’s strategy and corporate communications team, with a focus on brand-aligned marketing and communications that advance both the hospital’s vision and strategic priorities and the Foundation’s philanthropic mission.
- Collaborate in matters of brand stewardship and risk management.
- Support, coach and mentor a team of 7-10 to achieve annual performance plans and professional development goals.
- Provides critical insight to strategic, annual business, culture and talent planning.
- Prepares a range of reports in support of the President & CEO, including but not limited to board, stewardship and campaign reports, annual and strategic plans and correspondence.
Qualifications and Experience
- A university degree or a combination of comparable relevant skills and experience; CFRE designation is an asset.
- 10 years or more of experience, at progressively senior levels in marketing, communications, fundraising, non-profit and/or strategic planning. A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
- Experience in the charitable/not-for-profit sector is preferred.
- Basic understanding of healthcare delivery system in Ontario; experience in a healthcare philanthropy setting is an asset.
- Demonstrated success in the development and implementation of strategic marketing and communications plans, campaigns, projects, and initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing teams to achieve goals.
- Demonstrated experience as a strategic advisor to a senior leadership team on brand, reputation and related issues.
- Knowledge of/or experience with marketing research and its application to drive business strategy.
- Ability to initiate, analyze, monitor and alter strategic and annual fundraising and stewardship plans.
- Solid understanding of what motivates prospects and donors with evidence of the ability to connect donors in a meaningful way to the causes they support.
- A strong relationship builder with excellent communication and writing skills, who works well in a collaborative, diverse, multi-level, alliance-based environment.
- Keen business and budget acumen; Solid understanding of data and its significance in informing business decisions.
- Demonstrated success with digital strategies that consider emerging trends and use of relevant data sets.
- Demonstrated success in building a best-in-class team by managing, evaluating and inspiring staff.
- Proven creative problem-solving ability at the strategic level, as well as tactical execution.
- Proficient in the use of corporate productivity tools including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, as well as Raiser’s Edge or other donor management systems.
If you have the qualifications, commitment, and passion to join us and raise the bar for healthcare philanthropy in our communities, we would like to hear from you. It is an exciting time to be at Southlake. Southlake Foundation offers a competitive compensation package, including a benefits package with a defined-benefit pension program. Salary Range is $135,000 – $155,000 and/or commensurate with experience and qualifications.
If interested, please apply with a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com by March 25th, 2022.