Associate Director, Research and Prospect Development
Who we are:
Scarborough Health Network is a leading community teaching health network, consisting of three hospitals and eight satellite sites in Scarborough, one of the most diverse communities in Canada. Our Foundation works with generous donors, volunteers and community members to raise funds for state-of-the-art infrastructure and medical technology to support the hospital’s mission to improve lives through exceptional care.
SHN Foundation is raising the profile of our hospitals through the Love, Scarborough marketing and fundraising campaign. The extraordinary success of Love, Scarborough has helped generate mass awareness, has inspired transformational gifts, and has shone needed attention onto healthcare inequity and gaps in Scarborough. The Foundation has seen tremendous growth all around (staff, events, donations, media coverage, partnership, etc.). It’s an exciting time to join the organization as we continue to build upon this momentum!
Find out more about this compelling campaign by visiting www.lovescarborough.ca.
What you’ll be doing:
Are you an experienced prospect research and prospect management professional who is passionate about healthcare? Are you curious, accurate, and ethical in the research you produce? Are you a collaborative researcher who will proactively identify prospects? Do you feel confident providing advice and insights on potential donors? Do you like to partner with fundraisers to identify opportunities to build their pipeline? Are you a champion for accurate, timely and complete data?
SHN Foundation is seeking an enthusiastic professional to join our team in the new role of Associate Director, Research and Prospect Development.
Research and Analytics:
- Generate strategic donor intelligence to facilitate informed fundraising decision-making at all stages of the donor cycle.
- Conduct research on individuals, corporations and foundation prospects through analysis of their financial capacity, affinity and linkage to SHN.
- Analyze biographical, financial, corporate, and statistical information from a wide array of internet and media sources and specialized databases.
- Interpret, evaluate, and synthesize data into concise and actionable reports on a request basis to support planning and decision making by the Major Gifts team.
- Identify new prospects to SHNF using emerging and innovative strategies for prospect identification and provide recommended strategies for engagement and/or relationship mapping as required.
- Participate in data mining and analytics projects in collaboration with internal partners.
- Prepare briefing documents for Board/Cabinet members and for cultivation and stewardship events.
- Leading and implementing prospect management and analytic strategies, activities and related data management.
- Participate in prospect management meetings to provide input on prospects being discussed.
- Act as a data champion across the Foundation, providing leadership in data integrity and ensuring consistency, accuracy and currency of prospect and proposal tracking data.
- Participate in the maintenance and enhancement of the pipeline forecasting, clearance and prospect assignment and portfolio management processes.
- Record research activity in Raisers Edge in a timely manner.
- Deliver training to Foundation staff and volunteers as needed.
- Stay up to date with industry best practices and provide recommendations on new products, resources, and techniques.
- Build a network of professional peers across the industry to ensure information sharing and knowledge of evolving best practice.
- Be an active and engaged member of the Campaign Operations team and the Foundation team, participating in meetings, decision-making and problem solving.
What you bring to the position:
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a prospect research or prospect management role with a non-profit organization, or a suitable combination of experience and education.
- Knowledge of development, the donor lifecycle and engagement activities, including prospect tracking, fundraising, research, and prospect management.
- Expertise utilizing Raiser’s Edge and research tools such as iWave or other relational fundraising databases.
- Knowledge and practical experience with complex information systems, data management, and predictive analytics a strong asset.
- Experience using the Microsoft suite (ex. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Demonstrated ability to handle matters of discretion, highly sensitive and confidential material and possess a high degree of integrity.
- Commitment to research ethics and best practices. Membership in APRA is an asset.
- Commitment to providing excellent client service, maintaining relationships, and collaborating with the team.
Your competencies include:
- Critical thinker and self-starter with strong organizational, research and information-gathering skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle competing deadlines and prioritize a large volume of work in a fast-paced, high performance collaborative team environment.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated ability to obtain and relay information clearly, concisely and in a timely manner.
What we have to offer:
When you work for SHN Foundation, you join a caring and collaborative team that is invested in both your success and career development. This is an exciting time to join a growing and meaningful organization, with ambitions to make the biggest impact yet to healthcare in Scarborough.
We offer an excellent package to employees, including a competitive salary and annual performance bonus, an industry-leading defined benefit pension plan through HOOPP, comprehensive benefits, and the opportunity to progress and build your career.
How to apply:
We would love you to join our team! To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume through our Careers page at https://www.shn.ca/careers-volunteering/careers/.
The job posting will close on February 12, 2024. Applicants may be screened throughout application period.
All applications will be held in strict confidence. We thank all applicants in advance.
Scarborough Health Network Foundation (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.