Policy and Advocacy
As the largest association of charitable fundraisers in the world, AFP seeks to educate the public about the fundraising profession and the importance of philanthropy, and protects the interests of donors, fundraisers and charities related to laws and regulations about giving, volunteering and nonprofit operations in the U.S., Canada, and abroad.
Visit the AFP Canada Impact and Advocacy Page for information on our national policy priorities and advocacy strategy.
The Greater Toronto Chapter’s Public Affairs Committee works closely with AFP Canada to advance our national policy priorities and build the image and reputation of professional fundraising.
- Juniper Locilento, MPNL, CFRE – Senior Director, Development, YMCA of Greater Toronto (Chair)
- Gary Gladstone, CFRE – Principal, Gladstone Consulting
- Ravit Kadosh – Director, Corporate & Community Partnerships, Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada
- Ken Mayhew – President & CEO, William Osler Health System Foundation
- Christine Pellerin, MPNL, CFRE – Manager, Governers’ Council, Shaw Festival
- Andrea Swinton, CFRE
- Jessica Wroblewski, MPNL, CFRE – Associate Director, Annual Giving, University of Waterloo
- Cindy Ball, CFRE – Vice President, Development, Indspire
Many GTC members also serve as AFP liaisons to elected officials where they live and work, encouraging MPs to access AFP expertise for matters related to fundraising and philanthropy.
Contact us to get involved with AFP GTC’s Public Affairs efforts.
Click here for past Congress and Fundraising Day presentations on how your charity can build relationships with government officials and why it matters.