Capital Campaign Manager
Are you a creative fundraising professional with combined experience in fundraising and capital campaigns in healthcare or not-for-profit? Have you successfully led the planning and implementation of a capital campaign? Do you want to make a lasting difference in keeping families of seriously ill children together and close to the care they need?
We are expanding and currently hiring a Capital Campaign Manager who will oversee all aspects of RMHC Toronto’s Capital Campaign.
Why join the Ronald McDonald House Charities team?
Since 1981, Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Toronto has served as a place to call home for families with seriously ill children undergoing treatment. RMHC Toronto encompasses a House for 81 families in downtown Toronto and seven Family Rooms in hospitals across the Greater Toronto Area and in Sudbury. The families we serve come from throughout Ontario, across Canada and around the world.
We also offer:
- Hybrid work arrangements;
- A competitive compensation & health benefits package
- RRSP Program;
- Wellness days
- An opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children, families and the community.
About the opportunity:
The Capital Campaign Manager will manage a portfolio of donors and manage all aspects of the Capital Campaign, including budget and activity tracking, during both the quiet and public phases of the campaign. The Campaign Manager will work closely with the Director, Development on the campaign strategy, including establishing solicitation priorities, managing prospect lists, developing and executing targeted cultivation plans and solicitation strategies, and preparing and providing support to staff, board members and volunteers for solicitation.
- In collaboration with the Director of Development, review the feasibility study, develop the campaign strategy, and set campaign sub-goals;
- Provide leadership to assure that campaign communications and cultivation event activity plans are met;
- Assist in the preparation for campaign cabinet meetings;
- Collaborate with the House Expansion (Build) Committee ensuring regular communication and alignment of priorities;
- In collaboration with the data team, lead the production of Campaign and moves management reports;
- Manage visits and solicitations individually and with other campaign cabinet or board members;
- Identify prospects on the individual, corporation, and foundation levels;
- Provide overall leadership in direction, training and support for Campaign Committee members on all fundraising activities;
- Review and edit campaign communications, such as acknowledgments, follow-up letters, and newsletters;
- Act as primary relationship manager to an assigned portfolio of corporate, individual and/or foundation major gift donors to meet the revenue goals of the organization;
- Establish goals to move donors up the giving cycle and solicit multi-year pledges;
- Identify and implement new opportunities for donors to support RMHC Toronto’s capital projects;
- Create meaningful donor recognition opportunities for RMHC Toronto and optimize the unique giving vehicles and collateral of RMHC Toronto;
- Maintain relationships with donors through the planning and implementation of an efficient, effective and customer-evaluated stewardship program.
- Minimum 5 years combined experience in a fundraising role (soliciting and closing donor gifts at the $50k+ level) with a proven track record of success with capital campaigns and achieving aggressive fundraising goals;
- College diploma in Fundraising, Marketing, Sales or related field, or equivalent combination of work experience and education. CFRE designation and experience working in healthcare or not-for-profit organization an asset;
- In-depth knowledge of principles and techniques related to donor acquisition and retention, fundraising, annual campaigns, monthly giving, planned giving and corporate giving;
- Understanding of Canada Revenue Agency tax receipting rules and guidelines;
- Proficient in MS Office and experience with CRM databases (Raisers Edge / RE NXT or similar);
- Exemplary collaboration and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships. Proven ability to build new and long-term relationships with prospects, donors and volunteers.
- Strategic planning skills with the ability to develop and execute multi-year capital campaigns;
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to translate strategy into actionable plans;
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to coach, and collaborate with staff and volunteers;
- Effective problem solver with initiative to be innovative and creative with developing new ideas and concepts.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
We want to hear from you!
Interested in being a part of the RMHC Toronto team? Does this sound like you?
The successful candidate will need to undergo a successful Vulnerable Sector Screening Police check.
Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the hiring process. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are interested in this position, please submit your application online: