Chief Development and Marketing Officer
We are seeking a dynamic, highly motivated Chief Development and Marketing Officer who demonstrates our values of compassion, accountability, responsiveness and empowerment; to our clients, families and each other.
Accountable to the Executive Director, the Chief Development and Marketing Officer will provide leadership and oversight for the organization’s comprehensive development, marketing/communications and social enterprises, working to increase support, awareness and growth of the organization. The role works with direct reports to execute all relevant areas of the strategic plan while ensuring the operational effectiveness of the portfolio.
The role also collaborates closely with the Chief Finance Officer, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Human Resources Officer on cross-organizational projects.
- Provide strategic advice and counsel to Wesley’s senior leadership including developing and implementing internal and external communication plans
- Manage media and public relations, strategic brand marketing and organizational advertising and develops and maintains strong working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Build the infrastructure and team to carry out a well-crafted donor-centered development plan including donor cultivation and stewardship, major gift solicitation, government, endowment, corporate and foundation proposals, special events and the communications required to support these activities
- Participate in the development, implementation and monitoring of the Wesley’s annual budget as it relates to marketing and stewardship, controlling expenditures within budget and maintaining donor financial records in accordance with standards.
- Lead efforts to create a new fund development roadmap, including a strategy that will expand and build donor support, recognition and retention.
- Implement proven development strategies to build, broaden, and diversify the donor base.
- Attract, retain, motivate, and develop a strong, results-oriented, can-do team of marketing and fund-raising professionals.
- Serve as a public relations spokesperson for Wesley’s mission, programs, people and deliverables.
What you will bring:
- Knowledge and Experience in:
- Principles and practices of fundraising, development, and communications in a nonprofit agency.
- Principles and practices of strategic planning, project planning, and implementation.
- Fundraising, development, and communications best practices and current trends, including new media fundraising options
- Ten years of progressively responsible experience in development, including at least five years managing staff and working with Boards
- Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, communications, marketing, business, or related field required.
- Commitment to fostering a work and philanthropic environment that is inclusive and reflective of the diversity in the community
Invest in Yourself as we Invest in You! Wesley offers…
- Flexible work location (e.g. work from home) to suit your lifestyle and needs
- Comprehensive Health & Dental Benefits covered by Wesley
- Flexible time off (Personal & Vacation Days, sick days)
- RRSP Contribution Program
- Employee Discounts at over 100 participating businesses
- A positive work culture that prioritizes all staff having an opportunity to contribute
- A supportive team that will empower you to achieve great milestones!
- Fun and engaging organizational events such as our Staff Appreciation Event
- Professional development and training opportunities
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate is required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Human Resources. In the event that successful candidates are unable to get their COVID-19 vaccination, completion of an educational session and weekly antigen testing to provide a negative result will be required.
Please Apply Via: Our Wesley Bamboo Portal:
- Click on this link: https://wesley.bamboohr.com/jobs/
- From there you can access all of Wesley’s job postings
Wesley is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. More information about Wesley can be found on our website at www.wesley.ca