Coordinator, Signature Events
Who we are:
Scarborough Health Network is a leading community teaching health network, consisting of three hospitals and eight satellite sites in Scarborough, one of the most diverse communities in Canada. Our Foundation works with generous donors, volunteers, and community members to raise funds for state-of-the-art infrastructure and medical technology to support the hospital’s mission to improve lives through exceptional care.
SHN Foundation is raising the profile of our hospitals through the Love, Scarborough marketing and fundraising campaign. The extraordinary success of Love, Scarborough has helped generate mass awareness, has inspired transformational gifts, and has shone needed attention onto healthcare inequity and gaps in Scarborough. The Foundation has seen tremendous growth all around (staff, events, donations, media coverage, partnership, etc.). It’s an exciting time to join the organization as we continue to build upon this momentum!
Find out more about this compelling campaign by visiting www.lovescarborough.ca.
What you’ll be doing:
Are you interested in a career in fundraising events? Do you love engaging with donors, sponsors and volunteers in large scale, signature events?
SHN Foundation is seeking an enthusiastic professional to join our Community Development team in the role of Coordinator, Signature Events. This position requires strong organization and logistics skills and the ability to build and develop relationships with the community we serve. Our signature events support SHN Foundation’s goal to help raise awareness, share impact, strengthen our relationships across the Scarborough community all the while delivering significant undesignated revenue.
Reporting to the Manager, Signature Events, the Coordinator, Signature Events will be responsible for administrative/coordination functions within the signature events team. The candidate will support the planning and execution of key signature events.
- Work with the signature events team to help execute events such as SHN Zoo Day and SHN Golf Classic, as well as partner events such as Bluffs Gates Open and Sip, Shop & Celebrate, that will generate over $1.5M in revenue annually.
- Provide administrative support to the signature events team, including:
- Schedule internal meetings, as well as volunteer committee meetings
- Attend all event committee meetings and taking minutes
- Update event websites (AKA raisin)
- Prepare and send out sponsor invoices
- Track auction items
- Prepare and submit raffle/lottery license applications
- Monitor department email address
- Other duties as required.
- In partnership with the Manager, Signature Events and Director, Stewardship & Donor Engagement, execute post event stewardship activities including meaningfully thanking our event supporters including participants, sponsors, donors and vendors.
- Leverage SHN Foundation systems including Raiser’s Edge and AKA raisin to accurately track, pull and analyze reports to help inform our decision making, and update event microsites.
What you bring to the position:
- Degree or diploma in Event Management, Not-for-Profit Management, Business, Marketing, or equivalent field (knowledge of fundraising principles or non-profit industry considered an asset).
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a fundraising or non-profit environment, including working on events.
- Superior planning, organization, and time management skills
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge (CRM), AKA raisin (fundraising software), Asana (project management software) or similar systems and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to function collaboratively in a fast-paced environment across all Foundation departments
- A great attitude and interest in growing and learning as part of the community development team
Your competencies include:
- A passion for events, the Scarborough communities as well as SHN Foundation’s mission considered a must.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Must be able to adapt to changing deadlines and readily able to prioritize competing issues and manage multiple, diverse projects at the same time.
- A blend of professionalism and passion.
- Valid G license and access to vehicle; travel in Scarborough and GTA required
- Ability to carry, load and offload physical collaterals
- Flexibility of hours is required, including some evening and week-end hours.
What we have to offer:
When you work for SHN Foundation, you join a caring and collaborative team that is invested in both your success and career development. This is an exciting time to join a growing and meaningful organization, with ambitions to make the biggest impact yet to healthcare in Scarborough.
We offer an excellent package to employees, including a competitive salary and annual performance bonus, an industry-leading defined benefit pension plan through HOOPP, comprehensive benefits, and the opportunity to progress and build your career.
How to apply:
We would love you to join our team! To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume through our Careers page at https://www.shn.ca/careers-volunteering/careers/.
The job posting will close on February 23, 2024. Applicants may be screened throughout application period.
All applications will be held in strict confidence. We thank all applicants in advance.
Scarborough Health Network Foundation (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.