Second Harvest is Canada’s largest food rescue organization and expert in perishable food recovery.
We rescue surplus, unsold food from across the supply chain and redistribute it to not-for-profits across the country to feed communities. Demonstrating our values of community, environment, integrity, and collaboration, we strive for No Waste. No Hunger.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Development Services, the Database Manager is responsible for the performance, reporting, and effective use of Second Harvest’s CRM database (Raiser’s Edge). This position will focus on the day-to-day administration and hygiene of the donor database, providing reports and analysis of data, managing gift entries and donor acknowledgments, and providing technical expertise to Development department staff. The ideal candidate has an in-depth understanding of the Raiser’s Edge database, query languages, and related CRM technologies.
- Provide database administration to ensure that Second Harvest’s Raiser’s Edge database supports the transactional and informational needs of the organization.
- Establish and monitor business rules, data standards, and reporting protocols to increase efficiency, continuity, and to ensure data integrity.
- Perform regular system updates to address database accuracy, de-duplication of records, record uploading, data extracts, data analysis, etc.
- Oversee the circulation of tax receipts for stewardship actions, ensuring adherence to CRA guidelines.
- Provide expertise and support to team members as it pertains to donation processing and tax receipting; support with the timely and accurate processing of donations as needed.
- Generate queries and lists for various Development department needs, including donor solicitations, event invitations, and stewardship efforts.
- Provide reports to support the Finance team in tracking revenue and fulfilling audit requirements.
- Provide training and ongoing support to new and current staff members on the Raiser’s Edge database (including new functionality rollouts, generating reports, and running queries), enabling users to oversee their own data sets.
- Manage direct reports, creating a positive team dynamic and monitoring performance and development goals; mentors, assigns accountabilities, sets objectives, establishes priorities, evaluates results, and conducts annual performance reviews.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned to support the overall goals of the organization.
- Technical: you have excellent computer skills, including expert knowledge of Raiser’s Edge/RENXT and Luminate Online, and high level of knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel and Word); Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge certification would be considered an asset.
- Detail-Oriented: you are proud of your work and know that cutting corners isn’t an option; you are thorough and accurate at all times.
- Analytical: you have strong information and data management/analytical skills, with a passion for uncovering insights.
- Communicative: you have highly developed communication and interpersonal skills coupled with a strong commitment to customer service; you are able to explain technical solutions to non-technical staff members.
- Organized: you have strong project and time management skills, with the ability to create and maintain processes to ensure all relevant information or tools are easily accessible.
- Extensive experience with database management and data management systems, including data integrity, security, backup, and recovery.
- Strong knowledge of donation processing, Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL), data and financial reconciliations, and audit requirements.
- Professional attitude, and able to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Second Harvest requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by Health Canada. The Organization will comply with its obligations pursuant to the applicable human rights legislation and accommodate any prospective or current employee who is unable to be vaccinated for substantiated reasons, such as medical or religious reasons. Second Harvest’s vaccination policy is available upon request.
For more information about Second Harvest, visit: www.secondharvest.ca
Please submit your cover letter and resume on or before February 13, 2022, via email, with “DATABASE MANAGER” in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would appreciate no phone calls or agencies.
We encourage applications from individuals who self-identify as belonging to equity-seeking groups such as (but not limited to): racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2S+ persons.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position, however you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered. Second Harvest is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. Please let us know if you require any accommodations.