Location: Ontario (Hybrid/Remote)
Cystic Fibrosis Canada is looking for our next Development Coordinator to take us FURTHER.
Further to lengthen lifespans and improve lives. Further in ensuring the care and support needed is available. Further in accessing critical medicines. Further until all people with cystic fibrosis can and do experience everything life has to offer.
Are you ready to help us go FURTHER? Apply today and change lives tomorrow.
WHO ARE WE?
Cystic Fibrosis Canada (CF Canada) is a national charitable not-for-profit corporation established in 1960 and is one of the world’s top three charitable organizations committed to finding a cure for cystic fibrosis (CF). As an internationally recognized leader in funding innovation and clinical care, we invest more in life-saving CF research and care than any other non-governmental agency in Canada. We are motivated and driven by our incredible community, and we endeavour to practice our core values of empathy, accountability, collaboration, and innovation in all that we do.
THE ROLE AND IMPACT:
As the Development Coordinator you will be responsible for the planning, coordination, execution, and evaluation of fundraising events and development activities in Ontario/ Atlantic. In this role you will assist with all fundraising activities, volunteer and sponsor relations, recruitment, participation and event logistics for all events or initiatives. This is position that will report directly to the Manager, Fund Development – Ontario & Atlantic/ National Kin Liaison
RESPONSIBILITIES AND OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH:
- Collaborate with volunteers on the planning, execution, and growth of new and existing local fundraising events.
- Lead contact for feature and signature Walks for the Walk to Make Cystic Fibrosis History, attending Hamilton Walk in May.
- Manage all regional social media accounts Ontario and Atlantic provinces.
- Cultivate and steward existing and new donors, sponsors, community event organizers and media partners.
- Organize chapter nights and family education sessions.
- Provide volunteer management and recognition for events as required.
- Assist in maintaining and developing new Third Party (Community) Events, coordinating fundraisers/special events smoothly, effectively, and efficiently to generate maximum revenue and exposure.
- Work with the Manager and volunteers to assist with the development of sponsorships.
- Work with volunteers and regional teams to develop communications and marketing materials in support of events.
- Responsible for fundraising and stewarding for events and activities.
- Maintain donor information within our Raiser’s edge database, as needed.
- Support Regional team in identifying areas of growth and/or opportunities in events and partnerships.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Post-secondary certificate/diploma in fundraising, event planning or another related field is a strong asset.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in fund development in a non-profit setting.
- Experience and demonstrated success in fundraising and event planning, preferably in peer- to-peer fundraising events.
- Experience managing multiple social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, etc.), and digital fundraising or marketing platforms.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple responsibilities with competing and changing priorities.
- Exceptional customer service and relationship management skills (diplomacy, discretion, and tact), with the ability to respond to various levels of expectations from a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience with volunteer management.
- A cooperative team player able to work independently and make sounds decisions and judgments.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications and social media platforms; previous experience with Raiser’s Edge and Canva are definite assets.
- Access to a vehicle and a valid drivers’ license.
- Ability to travel within Ontario/ Atlantic, as needed.
- Able to lift/move 20+ lbs (events items to locations from storage unit).
- Ability to work occasional evenings/ weekends as required for events/ volunteer committee meetings.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Collaborative, dynamic, and passionate work environment, with colleagues who are driven and motivated for this community.
- A company culture rooted in empathy, accountability, collaboration, and innovation.
- Benefits program.
- Flexible working schedule.
- Hybrid work model offered.
Please submit your resume and cover letter directly through LinkedIn
Cystic Fibrosis Canada thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cystic Fibrosis Canada is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to culture, ethnicity, race, color, religion, beliefs, gender, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at all stages of the hiring process. For additional information on our values (empathy, accountability, collaboration, and innovation), Cystic
Fibrosis Canada and the courageous fight being waged against this disease, please visit www.cysticfibrosis.ca.
Collaborative, dynamic, and passionate work environment, with colleagues who are driven and motivated for this community. A company culture rooted in empathy, accountability, collaboration, and innovation.