JUMP Math is a Canadian charity with global reach that empowers teachers and educators to multiply the potential in every classroom through research-informed, curriculum-aligned resources and approaches that ignite and nurture an enduring understanding and love of math in every student. For more information: www.jumpmath.org
JUMP Math is embarking on an expansion of its programs to solicit support from individuals through campaigns to increase of single and monthly donors to support the vision and mission of the organization.
Reporting to the Manager, Individual Giving and working closely with the VP of Development and other JUMP Math team members, the Development Coordinator is responsible for supporting the broad-based individual giving campaigns as well as providing strong administrative support to other fundraising initiatives such as foundation, corporate and individual fundraising campaigns, and
CRM data management (training is provided) support to the fundraising team at JUMP Math to help the organization to better engage with its prospects and donors and raise more funds to achieve its vision, mission and strategic growth plans.
The role also supports the cultivation, solicitation, acquisition and retention/renewal of donors and ensures excellence in stewarding funder relationships to encourage ongoing financial support of JUMP Math. Key areas of support include data entry to CRM database, tax receipting and donor stewardship and acknowledgement, conducting basic prospect research, preparing donor communications, and scheduling meetings, preparing briefing notes and other general administrative support as required. The role will also be a key support for new broad-based giving initiatives and will support the organization’s work with external vendors to build out a more comprehensive individual giving program of single and monthly gift donors below $5K.
Administration and Systems: Supports the data tracking of all donors and prospects in the database to ensure accuracy, data integrity and reporting on all donor giving programs. Tracks all donations from third party donation platforms (CanadaHelps, Benevity, etc.) and reconciles donor information with the Finance team and ensures donor records are updated accordingly in the database. Generates reports and queries from the database as needed.
Donor Acquisition and Retention: Works collaboratively with the JUMP Math team (with support from external vendors) to support the acquisition, retention and renewal of single and monthly gift donors through multiple channels to reach annual revenue goals.
Donor Acknowledgement, Recognition and Stewardship: Leads timely and accurate donor acknowledgements, thank you letters and stewardship communications as required. Facilitates the processes and systems to ensure donor tax receipts and online systems are best practice.
Writing/communications: In collaboration with JUMP Math team members writes clear, concise and compelling fundraising solicitations, letters, proposals, briefing notes and stewardship reports and communications to support fundraising programs.
Sector Knowledge and Opportunities for Growth: Stays current on broad-based giving programs, trends and opportunities in the market to ensure JUMP Math’s philanthropic support continues to grow. Participates and supports the strategic planning activities for the development team to identify and implement annual fundraising goals/objectives.
This is a role for a candidate who resides within the Greater Toronto Area. The position is intended to be hybrid position with some attendance in person for meetings and duties at the JUMP Math office in Toronto.
Target Salary Range: $48,700-$55,000 plus benefits
Qualified candidates please apply on or before August 31, 2022, to email@example.com with a cover letter and resume. Please use the cover letter to explain in one brief page how your qualifications match our requirements and why this job right for you at this point in your career.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Qualified candidates will be interviewed as applications are received until a suitable candidate is hired. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
JUMP Math is committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal people of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to further diversification of ideas. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. If you require accessibility accommodation, please indicate in your application. Application is only open to those legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Problem solver
- Team player
- Positive can-do attitude
- Passion for the JUMP Math vision/mission
- Ability to coordinate broad-based/mass fundraising programs.
- Current with fundraising best practices and emerging trends in.
- Knowledge of and passion for the charity sector and the philanthropic funding environment.
- Strong collaborator, stakeholder engagement, and interpersonal abilities.
- Exemplary work ethic and good communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Previous experience using MS Office 365 (Word, Power Point, Excel, Sharepoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Some previous experience with Customer Relationship Management software applications (such as Salesforce or Raiser’s Edge), and/or other fundraising donor database tools, etc.
- Experience working with and managing external vendors
- Ability to use sound judgment and maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Strong customer service orientation complemented by excellent organizational and time management abilities.
- Two (2) years of successful work experience in the charity sector, plus a post-secondary degree or diploma; or equivalent professional experience in a relevant field.
- One (1) year as a direct response marketing fundraiser, leading integrated fundraising campaigns – digital, print, and phone. Experience developing annual giving strategies and managing direct response marketing programs.
- Previous experience working with digital fundraising tools and methods is an asset.