Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation (HHSF) is a registered charitable organization that exists to support patient care, research and education across the Hamilton Health Sciences family of hospitals and cancer centre (Ron Joyce Children’s Health Centre, Hamilton General, Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre, McMaster Children’s Hospital, McMaster University Medical Centre and St. Peter’s Hospital).
HHSF is committed to the Donor Bill of Rights and to being a donor-centered organization. All members of the HHS Foundation Staff Team support development activities by ensuring the maintenance of accurate records of information on the Raisers Edge database. HHSF is committed to protecting the privacy of our donors and prospects.
FULL TIME PERMANENT
HHSF is seeking a dedicated fundraising professional as our new Development Coordinator to act as an ambassador throughout the community and to support development for the Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre, Hamilton General, and St. Peter’s Hospital.
Reporting to the VP of Development (Darlene Bennett), this role has an assigned portfolio of individual, corporate and community organization donors and third-party events and is responsible for building strong and productive relationships to maximize revenue generation opportunities. In this role you will:
• Champion our mission with regional community to identify and cultivate new opportunities to support our revenue generation goals
• With a focus on donor relations; engage, cultivate, solicit and steward prospects to support a culture of donors who feel connected, valued and informed
• Coordinate Business and Community Engagement events, with further engagement through the participation, as required, at Signature events
• Ensure the tracking and fulfillment of pledges, donor recognition activities, receipting and timely acknowledgement
• Manage department inquires and follow up on calls and emails
• Maintaining donor and prospect records including: entering and maintaining solicitation and donor information, call reports, up to date address and key contact information
• Prepare timely and regular donor and fundraising status reports
• Manage the HHSF and team calendars and provide logistical and administrative support for staff and committee meetings
• Draft meeting agendas; collect and distribute meeting materials; and record, write and distribute minutes of meetings
• Liaise with specific suppliers, manage purchases, bill payments and follow-up with finance
• Database management, and maintain electronic filing systems with donor activity and information
• Post-secondary education in business, event, communications, public relations or related field
• Certificate in development, fundraising or event planning an asset
• 1-3 years of relevant work experience, preferably in the non-profit/charitable sector
Knowledge, Skill, Abilities:
• Demonstrated stakeholder relations to cultivate, build and maintain positive donor, prospect, and community relationships
• Demonstrated excellent communication skills (verbal and written), interpersonal, and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated superior organization, flexibility, and multi-tasking skills within a team environment
• High degree of initiative and ability to manage multiple tasks and priortize tasks in a positive and effective manner, meeting critical deadlines
• Demonstrated commitment to the highest standards of ethical practice
• Ability to condense and package information in a visually appealing and logical manner
• Understand the need for professionalism, discretion and patience when communicating with donors and volunteers
• Accuracy and attention to detail is imperative
• Advance computer skills in utilizing Microsoft Office program (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and database management
• Experience with Raiser’s Edge/NXT fundraising software an asset
• Experience using social media platforms including facebook, twitter and instagram an asset
• Location of work is 1 King St. West, Hamilton ON and the Foundation will follow all public health guidelines with respect to COVID-19. Remote and Flexible work may be accommodated after three months of employment based on approval of VP.
• Travel is required; the incumbent must possess a valid driver’s license and have use of a reliable vehicle.
• The nature of the work is such that evening and some weekend work is required.
• A Vulnerable Persons Police Check is a requirement of employment.
• Proof of full COVID vaccination is mandatory for employment with Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation in accordance with policy.
• The annual hiring range for this position is between $40,000 and $45,000, commensurate with experience.
How to Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter to HHSFcareers@hhsc.ca by January 31st, 2023 with the job title in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed as received. We would like to thank all who apply, but only those selected to move forward will be contacted.
The Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer. Our culture code builds off our commitment to and respect of equity, inclusion, and diversity. We are dedicated to creating a workplace reflective of the community we live, work and serve and welcome applications from diverse and equity-deserving groups.
The Foundation is committed to providing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Accommodation, if requested, will be provided throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should any candidate require accommodation in any phase of the recruitment process, please contact Heather Slye (905.521.2100 x 44624 or HHSFcareers@hhsc.ca) for assistance.