Development Officer, Annual Giving
We are seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic fundraising professional to join Joseph Brant
Hospital Foundation as the Development Officer, Annual Giving.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Annual Giving and working in close partnership with the entire Development team, the Development Officer, Annual Giving will manage the annual individual giving programs including direct response (digital, direct mail, monthly, telemarketing, and door-to-door), lottery programs, in-tribute, and in-memoriam giving, as well as oversee the external events (third-party) portfolio.
These responsibilities are accomplished while actively participating in a fast-paced, team environment with multiple priorities and competing deadlines. Demanding, challenging, and exciting, this role requires a motivated and creative individual with demonstrated relationship-building skills.
About Joseph Brant Hospital
JBH is a full-service community teaching hospital located in the growing and thriving community of Burlington, Ontario, serving more than 185,000 residents in Halton, Hamilton, Waterdown, Flamborough, Milton, and Stoney Creek. It is honoured to be recognized as one of Hamilton Niagara’s Top Employers for seven (7) consecutive years, with a skilled staff of 194 physicians, 1,911 full- and part-time staff, and more than 700 volunteers.
JBH is a Clinical Education site in conjunction with McMaster University and is designated as an Academic Community Teaching Hospital. Its expanded campus includes the state-of-art Michael Lee-Chin & Family Patient Tower, featuring a new Emergency Department, 172 acute inpatient beds, 9 new Operating Rooms, and a post-anesthetic care unit to support expanded medical, surgical, and outpatient services. JBH is also a partner member of the Burlington Ontario Health Team.
About Joseph Brant Hospital Foundation
JBHF was founded in 1976 to support Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH). We are committed to engaging our community, inspiring investment in our Hospital, and making a difference in healthcare for our community. Our vision is to make a difference in our community, and through the generous giving of our supporters to provide an exceptional healthcare experience right here in Burlington.
The Our New Era Campaign in support of the new JBH surpassed its goal of $60M, raising an unprecedented $65M, enabling the incredible transformation of our Hospital, and having a tremendous impact on our community for generations to come.
With the successful conclusion of the capital campaign, we are poised to leverage the overwhelming support of the community to support new and emerging priorities which will continue to support our Hospital’s vision of providing exceptional healthcare.
The Foundation is governed by a team of community volunteer leaders and is managed by a dedicated staff of professionals who ensure that every donation is used effectively and efficiently to meet the needs of patients and their families.
- Manage a personal portfolio of annual individual giving prospects and donors
- Support the strategy to execute and evaluate a fully integrated direct response program (direct mail, monthly giving, digital giving, telemarketing, and door-to-door)
- Execute internal and external lotteries program, ensuring licensing compliance and adherence to reporting requirements
- Support and execute the memorial/tribute giving program, setting and achieving ambitious KPIs
- Support and execute the strategy to further build the external events program (third party, peer-to-peer and cause-related marketing) with a focus on new donor/partner acquisition
- Provide timely and accurate reports on the progress towards annual goals and objectives for the individual annual giving programs
- Work with the Manager, Database, and Senior Donor Relations Officer to ensure gift transactions are processed accurately and appropriately, and to build, maintain and deliver timely annual giving program analysis and reporting
- Ensure excellence in stewardship
- Maintain accurate, professional and current prospect and donor records
- Liaise with JBHF and JBH staff, building collaborative, supportive, and productive relationships
- Live the JBHF values and culture code and maintain a high level of professionalism
- Perform other duties as required in furthering the goals of the Development team and the Foundation
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combinations of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years of fundraising experience
- Demonstrated success with annual giving and digital fundraising programs
- Successful track record in lottery and event management
- Knowledge of, and experience with, Microsoft Office Suite programs and Raiser’s Edge fundraising software
- Must have strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills coupled with exceptional organizational skills
- Must possess the ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet competing deadlines in an organized manner are essential
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve ambitious fundraising goals
- Healthcare philanthropy experience is an asset
Salary Range: $55,000 – $65,000, plus eligibility for merit incentive.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to:
Associate Director, Annual Giving