Development Officer – Major Gifts
About Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital (OSMH) Foundation
The OSMH Foundation is a proud partner of Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital and the people of Orillia and North Simcoe/Muskoka. The Foundation provides funds to the Hospital to buy medical equipment, sustain programs and assist the Hospital in maintaining its position as a leader in providing quality community based healthcare.
The Development Officer – Major Gifts assists with the Major Gifts fundraising program with a focus on the procurement of donations between $10,000 to $100,000+ on behalf of the Foundation. The Major Gift Officer will develop and propose strategies for solicitation of major gifts, build and manage a portfolio of approximately 100 potential donors, and design and implement appropriate cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities. They will also contribute and participate in the development and growth of the planned giving program. The Major Gift Officer reports to the Director, Philanthropy and works collaboratively with the Development Team.
- University or college degree preferred or professional experience equivalent.
- CFRE certification an asset.
- 3 to 5 years previous experience with Major Gifts fundraising preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in the not-for-profit sector an asset; experience directly in a healthcare or hospital foundation environment preferred.
- Experience working with volunteer committees is required; demonstrated ability to engage, inspire and train volunteers/community leaders.
- A passion for OSMH Foundation and healthcare fundraising.
- Outstanding communication skills: written and verbal, strong public speaker, excellent listener.
- A “go getter” and strong relationship builder, assertive, exercises initiative and strength in building relationships.
- Highly professional, mature and confident.
- Complete confidentiality and discretion, tact and poise, sound judgement.
- Creative, innovative and resourceful.
- Sense of humour, energetic, positive attitude.
- Effective and collaborative team player.
- Proven track record in meeting revenue targets and deadlines while working under strict time constraints and with a diversity of projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a diverse group of staff and volunteers, and to convey genuine interest and pleasure in people’s lives and charitable aspirations.
- Demonstrated meticulous attention to detail with strong organizational and analytical skills, flexibility and the ability to adapt to stressful and rapidly changing situations.
- Demonstrated self-discipline and self-motivation, able to prioritize multiple tasks in a demanding environment, without direct supervision.
- Demonstrated computer, word processing, and data base experience require; preferably in Microsoft Office and Raiser’s Edge environments.
Our Employees Enjoy
- a professional practice environment
- a collaborative atmosphere with emphasis on teamwork
- wellness initiatives
- continuing education grants
- employee recognition and assistance programs
- a competitive salary and benefits package
- equal opportunities for growth and development
OSMH is committed to diversity and equity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S persons and others who may contribute to a diverse workplace.
Accommodation in the Workplace
Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity, equal opportunity and maintaining a barrier-free selection process for job applicants. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known to the Human Resources department when contacted. All requests are handled confidentially.
To apply, please visit: https://www.osmh.on.ca/join-our-team/
Under Job Opportunities, click to start exploring our career opportunities today and search for job J0422-0914. At the bottom of the job posting page, select “I am interested”, and create a job profile to submit your resume.