“Bold and beautiful Bruce County… a healthy, caring community of prosperity and innovation.”
Join our team powered by innovation and shared values where explorers turn obstacles into opportunities and individual challenges into shared solutions. You will discover a lifestyle that provides endless opportunity for exploration at work and after. Your adventure with Bruce County starts here.
Reporting to the Director, the Development Officer directs, implements and evaluates revenue development activities, including individual, service club, corporate and foundation fundraising programs, sponsorship, events and membership. The Development Officer is responsible for the overall coordination of the Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre’s development activities from both the private and public sectors.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Post-secondary degree related to sponsorship & fundraising, e.g. Arts Management, Museum Studies or other related field, or equivalent education and experience
- Three years of previous experience in fundraising, campaign management and major gifts
- Proven success managing major gifts, corporate sponsorships and grant applications
- Project and/or event management experience with demonstrated leadership qualities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Impeccable interpersonal and profession skills, and the ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders: volunteers, donors, members, investors
- Ease of initiating contact a must
- Attention to detail and accuracy with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task & meet deadlines
- Experience in managing budgets
- Knowledge of Bruce County’s philanthropic community
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) Designation
Interested applicants should review the entire job posting, and then apply online at www.brucecounty.on.ca, following the outlined process. Deadline for applications is 12:00 midnight on Sunday February 6, 2022.
Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990, Chapter M.56.
The Corporation of the County of Bruce is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants in advance, but regret that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.