Director of Development
Full Time Director of Development
Start Date: May 2022
Location: Toronto, ON
Wage: $90,000+ commensurate with experience
Pine River Foundation is seeking a fundraising professional to take on the new role as Director of Development dedicated in its efforts to raise funds for Pine River Institute as it applies its unique, comprehensive and holistic model in treating adolescents dealing with addiction and other mental health challenges. The Director of Development will play an integral role in implementing PRF’s donor-centered fundraising strategies that will drive growth, build a strong donor pipeline, deepen donor relationships and provide donors with excellent stewardship. This person will be the main point of contact for all donors.
Key Responsibilities(include, but are not limited to):
· Execute PRF’s annual fundraising plan.
· Plan, implement and oversee a multi-faceted fundraising program with a focus on securing and stewarding principal gifts from a diverse community of organizational and individual donors.
· Build relationships with key stakeholders and secure philanthropic commitments from a personal portfolio of donors including individuals, corporations, foundations and organizations.
· Provide direction for proposals, cases for support and other fundraising materials.
· Formulate and implement donor-centered program for stewarding donors.
· Work in conjunction with the CEO build and enhance a culture of philanthropy throughout the organization.
· Oversee the planning and implementation of stewardship and recognition programs to ensure an excellent donor experience which shows the true impact of donor support.
· Develop donor relations plan that appropriately promotes continued donor engagement and recognition.
· Work with Director of Marketing & Communications to strategize, execute and manage systems to drive regular communications demonstrating gift impact to donors and stakeholders.
· Develop and track grants, proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising.
· Develop, execute fundraising events.
· Oversee prospecting, donor database and tracking systems, specifically managing and implementing donor stewardship plan integration and execution with the software and applications.
· Staff Board Development Committee meetings.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
· Post-secondary degree or certificate in a related field; and/or
· Three to five years’ experience in fundraising or in a related career such as sales
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Driven self-starter with a demonstrated talent for building relationships and a preference for engaging in donor facing activities
· Ability to work within a complex environment
· Knowledge and familiarity with the philanthropic community in Toronto and surrounding communities is an asset
· Knowledge and familiarity with CRM databases.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative program.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Jennifer Rutledge, Director, Human Resources and Operational Support, by Fax 519-925-2405 or mail to 606060 River Road, Mulmur Ontario L9V 0S9
We thank all candidates who apply. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Pine River Institute ensures that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation, please advise in advance of attending an interview.