Jericho Youth Services
Salary: $80,000 – $110,000 (commensurate with experience)
Located in beautiful Georgina, Ontario, Jericho Youth Services (JYS) is a charitable, not-for-profit organization with no affiliations, delivering recreational and leadership programs to children and youth in Georgina since 1982. JYS is dedicated to educating and empowering youth to become engaged and caring citizens of the community and to providing children and youth with opportunities that enhance well-being through social, emotional, and physical development by providing affordable and safe programs.
Growing up in today’s society has never been more difficult. At Jericho, kids are allowed to be kids. JYS knows how to create fun for kids in a safe and nurturing environment, valuing the hands-on approach to learning; limiting but understanding the need for internet technology; natural play mixed with organized activities, and mentoring with clearly defined expectations that children and youth can model themselves after. Offering free or low-cost all-inclusive programs, JYS champions low to moderate-income families, to provide an opportunity for all to participate.
This is an opportunity to lead a team that is passionate and committed to making a positive difference in the lives of the children and youth of Georgina. Jericho’s inclusive culture of caring and personal accountability along with a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility, is welcoming for its clients, staff team, and community partners. If you want to use your skills and experience to make a difference today and help create a better tomorrow, then Jericho Youth Services is the organization for you.
Executive Director, Jericho Youth Services
Reporting to the Board of Directors and being guided by the mission, vision, and values of the organization, the Executive Director is the senior staff member responsible for the overall strategic operations of Jericho Youth Services in support of exceptional programming for youth and families in our community. This includes leading the organization in achieving its strategic priorities, ensuring the financial health of the organization, identifying and implementing growth opportunities, securing new revenue streams, engaging and supporting staff for success, and leading the organization into its preferred future.
The Executive Director maintains and develops strong community connections and partnerships; pursues continued innovation and communication with current and new internal and external stakeholders; and ensures Jericho is represented at key community planning and advocacy tables. The Executive Director elevates Jericho’s brand and profile through effective promotion with funders, key community stakeholders, clients, and the public. They assume the role of spokesperson for the organization with stakeholders and media and oversee the development and creation of communications, marketing, and outreach plans.
The Executive Director will represent Jericho on a variety of committees, as deemed necessary. The Executive Director will be on-site five days a week, and available for additional events as required.
Experience, Skills, Education, and Knowledge
- Degree in Human Services, Social Services, Business, Psychology, or another related field
- 3 to 5 years of leadership experience preferably in a related sector
- Experience working with and reporting to a Board of Directors
- Proven ability to think and plan strategically and operationally
- Experience leading a skilled and passionate management and staff team
- Financial acumen including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making, and reporting
- Business acumen to support and build on the success of both the not-for-profit and revenue-generating initiatives of JYS
- Demonstrated ability to generate new, sustainable revenue streams through grant-making and other fundraising opportunities to enhance financial results
- Excellent relationship-building and collaboration skills working with stakeholders both inside the organization as well as with external partners and funders
- Strong communication skills, written and oral, with the ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to a variety of audiences that will engage and inspire
- A commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility
- A trusted leader demonstrating a high degree of integrity and transparency
- Knowledge of Georgina’s (York North) social and health service ecology is considered an asset
Qualities & Attributes
- Strong leadership skills: charismatic, engaging, and confident
- A visionary – demonstrated ability to deliver measurable outcomes against the vision
- Strategic thinker and planner
- Excellent communication and presentation skills: written, verbal, and strong listening skills
- Strong collaborative decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills demonstrated the capacity to work effectively with people with diverse backgrounds
- Strong commitment to teamwork, able to inspire and mobilize people in joint efforts
- Strategic marketer – in order to strengthen awareness of Jericho Youth Services
This search is being conducted on behalf of Jericho Youth Services by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting non-profit and charitable professionals for Canada’s non-profit sector.
To submit your application by May 19th, 2023, please visit the job posting at crawfordconnect at https://crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job-openings/#/posting/PR-253
Issues with applying? Please email email@example.com.
For more information about the position, please contact Liz Latimer at 416.690.5377 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this information – we’d be pleased to connect with them.