Habitat for Humanity South Georgian Bay is seeking an Executive Director to oversee and manage all the affairs of the affiliate. This affiliate was founded in 2002 and has built 17 homes since its inception. Plans are underway to build our 18th home in Clearview, ON. HFHSGB currently operates a ReStore which receives donated product and sells it through their store in Collingwood. Proceeds from sales support the administrative function of the organization, and in addition to donations and gifts in kind, funds future house building programs.
We are seeking a seasoned executive to work with the board of directors and other stakeholders to realize their vision of greater impact in our region where the lack of affordable housing is in crisis mode.
- Has worked in an executive leadership capacity for a not-for-profit enterprise in Canada.
- Recruits and gives leadership to management, staff and volunteers in a retail environment.
- Able to mobilize volunteers to assist in the ReStore, work on build sites amongst other activities to support the affiliate in its mission.
- Reports to the volunteer board of directors and works with them to realize the strategic plan of the organization.
- Ability to oversee fund raising and grant application processes to ensure adequate funds are available for future builds.
- Oversees the financial affairs of the corporation, reporting monthly results to the board.
- Develops business relationships with corporations in the community to solicit gifts in kind, sponsorships, and other areas of collaboration to increase our impact in the community.
- Promote the mission of the organization through media and other community relationships.
HFHSGB is a registered Canadian Charity incorporated in Ontario. It is an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity Canada which operates as part of Habitat for Humanity International.
Vision: “A world where everyone has a safe and decent place to live.”
“To mobilize volunteers and community partners in building affordable housing and promoting homeownership as a means to breaking the cycle of poverty.
Candidates can send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com