Manager, Community Giving
Business Unit: Resource Development
Reports to: Director, Resource Development (RD)
Status: Full-time, Ongoing
Start Date: January, 2022
Location: RHF Office in Richmond, BC, hybrid, or remote
Founded on the legacy of Rick Hansen’s Man In Motion World Tour, the Rick Hansen Foundation (RHF) is a Canadian registered charity with the vision of creating a fully inclusive and accessible world where people with disabilities are living to their full potential. Through our programs and partnerships, we break down barriers for people with disabilities by changing attitudes, creating accessible spaces and inspiring an inclusive society.
RHF is a dynamic and rewarding place to work. Our success begins with our people. We are committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. If you are interested in being a part of our innovative team and are passionate about making a difference, we hope that you will consider a career with us.
We are actively seeking people with disabilities to encourage an inclusive application process. If this applies to you, we invite you to disclose your disability in your cover letter so that we can better accommodate you through the process.
The Manager, Community Giving is responsible for managing and growing the Community Giving (CG) program. The Manager, CG works closely with the RHF team and external consultants as necessary on planning and implementing the strategic, creative and tactical initiatives for successful fundraising and community donor cycle outcomes.
This position helps build and maintain the RHF community donor base, grow revenue, and integrate awareness and engagement tools to support annual donor identification, renewal, acquisition and referral of donors to Major Gifts. The Manager, CG is also responsible for leadership donor management and works closely with the Director, RD to develop a strong pipeline for the major gift portfolio. In addition, this position has responsibility for a high level of donor care and stewardship, and for maintaining the integrity of the Salesforce CRM database.
Reporting to the Director, Resource Development (RD), the Manager, CG manages the Outreach Coordinator and Donations Coordinator.
The Manager, CG, works closely with the RD, Marketing and Communications, IT and Finance teams. This position also works across all RHF business units on initiatives that support the acquisition, cultivation and retention of community giving donors.
ALL STAFF: KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
As an integral member of the RHF team and as expected of all staff, this position actively participates with:
- Organizational Culture
- Contributes in regular sessions, develops goals, supports and implements action plans.
Community Giving: 40%
- Manages, mentors and develops the CG team;
- Manages planning and execution of the annual plan for the CG program that encompasses a range of strategies involving donor engagement, eâ€mail and social media communication, direct mail, telephone and inâ€house solicitations, and different revenue streams to create a growing and sustainable foundation of annual support;
- Oversees segmentation, solicitation, tracking and reporting for all direct mail, telemarketing and electronic appeals;
- Oversees and provides guidance and support during all stages of copy and design of fundraising materials;
- Develops and manages budgets, progress, deadlines, goals and objectives related to the CG program. Includes revenue targets, expenses, projections and statistical reporting, and analysis of annual giving campaigns and programs;
- Manages donation processing procedures to ensure proper collection, receipting and tracking of all donations in accordance with CRA and Privacy policies; and
- Oversees monthly donation reconciliations and reports for Finance.
Leadership Giving and Donor Stewardship: 30%
- Works closely with the Director, RD to develop and execute a comprehensive action plan to cultivate and solicit a pipeline of donors at the $1,000+ level;
- Identifies major gift donor prospects among the leadership pool, including identifying planned giving prospects;
- With the Director, RD, develops, implements and manages a mid-level donor stewardship strategy using a variety of meaningful opportunities to connect with RHF, including customized donor stewardship reports, newsletters, and events; and
- Stewards current and potential donors through regular updates such as phone calls, meetings, and personal letters, to maintain interest and engagement.
Database Management: 30%
- Generates and builds custom reports;
- Working with IT, manages and maintains quality control of Salesforce data via regular audits and updates. Monitors Salesforce to ensure maximum security and functionality;
- Oversees the entry of CG and donor data in Salesforce and ensures the data is clean, accurate, and current; and
- Works with Finance and ensures financial data related to donations in Salesforce is accurately reflected in month-end reconciliations.
Performs other related duties in keeping with the purpose and accountabilities of the job.
Education: Post-secondary degree/diploma in a relevant discipline, including courses in Fundraising Management, Public Administration, Business Administration/Commerce, Marketing and/or Communications.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of progressive experience managing annual programs;
- Experience developing content for various donor engagement communications;
- Experience with email marketing strategy and execution is an asset;
- Computer experience working with MS Office;
- Experience of 2 years or more with Salesforce or comparable CRM system required;
- Thorough understanding of donor and market segmentation and its applications;
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundraising principles and strategies;
- Knowledge of CRA guidelines;
- Knowledge of CASL and other regulations; and
- Knowledge of issues related to people with disabilities is an asset.
- Effective leadership skills and ability to manage a team;
- Able to work as a team member and motivate people to work towards a common goal;
- Effective and creative verbal and written communication skills;
- Able to identify and analyze challenges as they arise and recommend and implement constructive solutions;
- Proven ability to develop credibility and effective working relationships with staff and external parties;
- Ability to manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines;
- Strategic thinker with an ability to execute;
- Demonstrated ability to work with information systems and databases to fully exploit the use of segmentation for solicitations;
- Ability to effectively communicate data-driven results and put forward recommendations;
- Strong and accurate attention to detail;
- A strong understanding of the political environment and a good sense of emerging issues and their potential impact on strategy;
- Proven skill with proactively finding efficiencies, identifying issues and bringing forward ideas and solutions to increase revenue and better service for donors;
- High degree of professionalism, flexibility and adaptability;
- Strict adherence to maintaining confidentiality and privacy; and
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
An equivalent combination of education, experience and skills/behaviours will be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in being a part of our innovative team and are passionate about making a difference, we hope that you will consider a career with us.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply by clicking on the link here and by quoting competition #2021-23. While we thank all applications for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Salary range is $60,000-$75,000 annually