Manager, Legacy Giving
Are you someone who is passionate about the work that you do? Do you want your next adventure to be part of a great cause? If so, look no further than MS Canada! Our team is looking for a Manager, Legacy Giving on a full-time basis working 35 hours per week. We support flexible work options including remote work where possible; with some in-person meetings based on your location.
Discover. Innovate. Act
We have a bold vision of a world free of multiple sclerosis (MS). Our mission is to connect and empower the MS community to create positive change and you can be part of that!
Canada has one of the highest rates of MS in the world, with an estimated 90,000 Canadians living with the disease.
We are privileged to be a part of a determined group of change agents who are working tirelessly to create a world free of MS. Some 1500 Canadians affected by MS serve as leadership volunteers on division and chapter councils and committees and an estimated 13,500 volunteers work tirelessly delivering programs, fundraising events, public awareness campaigns and social action activities.
Through discoveries, innovation, and collective action, we will work together to alleviate the uncertainty that MS causes, help provide accessible options for disease management, and reach out to partners to eliminate physical and social barriers in our communities.
Our strategy not only lays out the roadmap in our journey to create a world free of MS, but we hope it also provides inspiration for all in the MS community to connect and collaborate in order to advance treatment and care, enhance well-being, understand and halt disease progression, and prevent MS from happening.
What we offer
At MS Canada, we have a competitive total rewards package that includes health, dental, short-term disability, an employee and family assistance program (EFAP) and travel insurance, to name a few. We offer a RRSP matching program. In addition, we invest in professional development opportunities to support the growth of our team members. Not only do we have an extended, paid office closure at the end of the year, but we also have half day Friday’s before long weekends! On top of that, we offer flexible working arrangements and opportunities to work remotely as well! Who wouldn’t want all of that?
The role you will play
The Manager, Legacy Giving is responsible for increasing revenue from legacy giving by developing, implementing and evaluating strategies to acquire new donors and manage relationships with existing donors. The Manager is also responsible for the administration of the program and liaising with executors, lawyers, accountants, financial planners and other allied professionals to ensure the timely confirmation and documentation of legacy gifts.
Key Areas of Impact:
- Develop, implement, and evaluate a strategic plan for the Legacy Giving program that includes the ongoing acquisition of new legacy giving donors and stewardship of existing donors in order to increase the annual revenue and number of donors on an ongoing basis.
- Use data mining and analysis to determine and prioritize new and prospective donors and create personalized plans for cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. Develop relationships with potential donors through personal visits and communications, respond to indications of interest from potential legacy giving donors, while managing relationships with individuals that have included MS Canada in their estate plans.
- Coordinate and respond to all correspondence with executors, lawyers, financial planners and other allied professionals. Provide oversight to the signing of legal documents including insurance forms and estate release forms, while maintaining complete records in Salesforce and work with the Principal Giving Coordinator on bequest payments, receipt, and acknowledgements.
- Provide condolence cards to the families of bequest donors and oversee all communications, inquiries and events for the Evelyn Opal Society – MS Canada’s Legacy Giving Society.
What you will bring
Are you someone who has:
- A minimum of three year’s experience in a legacy giving role with a non-profit organization with a thorough knowledge of legacy giving tax law, estate planning, and the various vehicles available for legacy gifts?
- Experience in the administration of legacy gifts?
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate complex information accurately, creatively, and persuasively?
- Experience using Salesforce or another CRM system to carry out and track activities, create records and reports and monitor program results?
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you!
If everything you have read so far has made you want to be part of this fantastic team, please send your application that includes your resume, cover letter and salary expectations in one Word or PDF document by May 1. Applications without salary expectations will not be considered.
All positions at MS Canada will require a criminal background check. This position is also a position of trust. The incumbent will be required to complete the screening process including completion a credit and or education verification check in compliance with the National Screening Measures Policy.
MS Canada is dedicated to encouraging a supportive and inclusive culture amongst the whole workforce where people from all backgrounds can thrive.
To protect the health and safety of our employees and the MS community, MS Canada is requiring employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or obtain an approved exemption. Upon hire, we would need proof of vaccination or an approved exemption.
Our aim is to ensure that all employees, volunteers, and those interested in joining our team are given equal opportunity and that our organization is representative of all sections of MS Canada. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
We are committed to accommodating applicants’ needs throughout the selection process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you need accommodation.
To learn more about MS Canada and the great work that we do, we encourage you to visit www.mssociety.ca.