Manager of Events & Volunteers, Philanthropy (JOB ID:PHIL916)
Employment Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Work Hours: 35 hours per week (As Per Management Hours of Work Policy)
Salary: $69,482 – $81,333 annually (M9), plus comprehensive benefits
Location: 87 Elm Street, Toronto, ON M5G 0A8
Application Deadline: Monday, July 17, 2023
JOIN OUR TEAM
YWCA Toronto strives to uphold anti-discrimination practices and anti-oppression principles to ensure that the rights of all individuals are respected and protected. We work to promote a climate that is welcoming of all women and individuals who identify as Trans, intersex, non-binary, agender, and/or Two-Spirit. We encourage applications from women and gender diverse people from all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations.
The Manager of Events & Volunteers is responsible for the overall management and success of YWCA Toronto events, volunteer programs and select annual campaigns. Develops, implements and stewards annual fundraising strategies which include Women of Distinction, all third party and community opportunities and volunteers. This is a middle management position which contributes to the overall development of the Association and participates, as a member of the Management Team, in setting priorities and achieving Association goals.
ABOUT YWCA TORONTO
YWCA Toronto is dedicated to improving the lives of women, girls and gender diverse people. Our programs promote equality, economic security and lives free from violence. We help women, girls and gender diverse people flee violence, secure housing, find jobs, establish their voices, enhance skills and develop confidence. We offer a range of housing options, employment and training programs, community support programs, girls’ programs and family programs. We also engage in systemic advocacy.
- Develops revenue targets with the Director of Philanthropy and contributes to the development of the overall fundraising strategy;
- Responsible for designing, executing and evaluating all aspects of the Women Of Distinction (WOD) Awards event and the nominations process;
- Creation of all event and event budgets and oversight;
- Supports and manages the WOD Planning and Selection Committees including implementing and initiating the WOD nomination process, recruiting committee members, organizing and attending meetings;
- Responsible for renewing past table purchasers and securing new table salesCoordinates print design and production for all event related materials in collaboration with the Advocacy and Communications Department.Conducts a comprehensive post-event analysis and evaluation;
- Works with the Corporate & Community Partnerships Officer and supervises the community outreach portion of the officer’s work to strategically seek out and/or respond to appropriate opportunities for community outreach which will generate revenue;
- Supervises, monitors and works with the Volunteer & Gift-in-kind Officer to develop the volunteer program, including the Gift-In-Kind program to ensure it is meeting the needs of the organization;
- Participates in preparing the Philanthropy budget, setting of fundraising goals and monitoring of revenues and expenses. Ensures the financial and non-financial goals of the department are met and prepares contingency plans as required.
- Equivalent to in-depth knowledge of an academic or technical discipline normally acquired through courses leading to an undergraduate degree in a related field, plus seven to ten years of directly related experience. Work involves application of theoretical knowledge to job-related problems. (Cases for Equivalency will be considered);
- Experience in coordinating successful fundraising events, including marketing, media promotion and table/ticket sales. Exceptional volunteer management abilities are critical. Superior organizational and administrative skills, and proven ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a high level of computer competency in word processing, spreadsheets and donor database software (Raiser’s Edge preferred).
Vaccination Policy: – In accordance with YWCA Toronto’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all YWCA Toronto employees, students and volunteers are strongly encouraged to obtain all COVID-19 vaccinations and booster doses as recommended by Toronto Public Health.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and résumé as a single document to Firoozeh Radjai, Director of Philanthropy, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote JOB ID number PHIL916 and your name in the subject line.
Please note: A vulnerable sector police reference check is required by the successful candidate prior to hiring. YWCA Toronto is a unionized workplace. Staff are represented by CUPE Local 2189. This position is not within the Bargaining Unit. Please indicate on your cover letter your email subject line, if you are an internal candidate. For internal applicants, this position is not secondable.
YWCA Toronto promotes the principles of anti-oppression and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from women and gender diverse people of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations.
YWCA Toronto provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YWCA Toronto is a Scent-Sensitive Workplace.
Posting Date: July 4, 2023