MANAGER, PARTNER EVENTS
Who we are:
Scarborough Health Network is a leading community teaching health network, consisting of three hospitals and eight satellite sites in Scarborough, one of the most diverse communities in Canada. Our Foundation works with generous donors, volunteers and community members to raise funds for state-of-the-art infrastructure and medical technology to support the hospital’s mission to improve lives through exceptional care.
SHN Foundation is raising the profile of our hospitals through the Love, Scarborough marketing and fundraising campaign. The extraordinary success of Love, Scarborough has helped generate mass awareness, has inspired transformational gifts, and has shone needed attention onto healthcare inequity and gaps in Scarborough. The Foundation has seen tremendous growth all around (staff, events, donations, media coverage, partnership, etc.). In particular, the Community Development team has established a number of new roles to meet its ambitious goals and to help support the delivery of our objectives.
It’s an exciting time to join the organization as we continue to build upon this momentum!
Find out more about this compelling campaign by visiting www.lovescarborough.ca.
What you’ll be doing:
Are you an events professional who is adept at planning and running large-scale events? Do you love engaging with donors, sponsors, and volunteers in community fundraising initiatives.
SHN Foundation is seeking an enthusiastic professional to join our team in the new role of Manager, Partner Events. Our partner events are designed to help raise awareness, share impact, strengthen our relationships across the Scarborough community all the while delivering significant undesignated revenue. Reporting to the Vice President, Community Development & Partnerships, you will be responsible for 3 key partner events including our Chinese Radiothon, Bluffs Gates Open Home & Garden Tour and Sip, Shop & Celebrate holiday shopping event.
This position requires strong fundraising, organizational and logistical skills but more importantly, the ability to build and develop relationships with the community we serve – from donors to community leaders, staff, and physicians as well as volunteers.
This role will deliver successful events by overseeing fundraising and operational details, managing internal and external stakeholders. The successful candidate will lead the end-to-end oversight of partner and community events working collaboratively inside and outside the organization to ensure an integrated approach is applied throughout the event lifecycle. Key areas of focus will include strategy development, new revenue acquisition, growth of existing revenue as well as implementation and ongoing monitoring of results.
- Manage our partner events, from event planning through to execution, that will generate $700K+ in revenue annually, including sponsorship and stewardship.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with volunteer organizers/committees to ensure the success and growth of existing events.
- Serve as relationship manager and provide leadership to a wide variety of event stakeholders including event sponsors, partner volunteers, committee members and event-day volunteers.
- Work with stakeholders at all levels of the Foundation including Marketing & Communications, hospital staff, and senior leadership to help develop and share event content, including key messaging, fundraising toolkits, and event programming.
- In partnership with the Director, Stewardship & Donor Engagement, develop plans to meaningfully thank our event supporters including participants, sponsors, donors, and vendors.
- Provide input to develop and manage annual departmental plans and budgets to support the strategic vision for the portfolio.
- Work closely with the Vice President, Community Development & Partnerships to strategize and evaluate new event ideas or other opportunities to advance departmental goals.
- Leverage SHN Foundation systems including Raiser’s Edge and AKA Raisin to accurately track, pull and analyze reports to help inform our decision making.
What you bring to the position:
- Post-secondary education, preferably in fundraising, events, or a related field.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in a fundraising event role. Experience running large-scale fundraising events, sponsorship experience and experience within healthcare environment considered an asset.
- Superior planning, organization, and time management skills
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to function collaboratively and provide oversight to other team members in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to adapt to changing deadlines and readily able to prioritize competing issues and manage diverse projects at the same time.
- Experience leading volunteers in an event environment.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge (CRM), AKA raisin (fundraising software), Asana (project management software) or similar systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Your competencies include:
- A passion for events, the Scarborough community and SHN Foundation’s mission considered a must!
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills with the ability to cultivate effective professional networks and relationships with community members, groups, and businesses.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- A blend of professionalism and passion.
- Valid G license and access to vehicle; Some travel to Scarborough and GTA required
What we have to offer:
When you work for SHN Foundation, you join a caring and collaborative team that is invested in both your success and career development. This is an exciting time to join a growing and meaningful organization, with ambitions to make the biggest impact yet to healthcare in Scarborough.
We offer an excellent package to employees, including a competitive salary and annual performance bonus, an industry-leading defined benefit pension plan through HOOPP, comprehensive benefits, and the opportunity to progress and build your career.
How to apply:
We would love you to join our team! To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume through our Careers page at https://www.shn.ca/careers-volunteering/careers/.
The job posting will close on January 8, 2024. Applicants may be screened throughout application period.
All applications will be held in strict confidence. We thank all applicants in advance.
Scarborough Health Network Foundation (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Number: J1122-0934
Job Title: Manager, Partner Events
Job Category: Foundation
Location: Centenary; travel is required to other sites, events, and meetings as necessary
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Reports to: Vice President, Community Development & Partnerships
Number of Positions: 1
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Hours: Monday to Friday, with flexibility for evenings and weekends
Job Description Last Updated: December 1, 2023
Application Deadline: January 8, 2024; applicants may be screened throughout application period.