Manager, Prospect Research and Development
Are you someone who is passionate about the work that you do? Do you want your next adventure to be part of a great cause? If so, look no further than MS Canada! Our team is looking for a Manager, Prospects Research and Development on a full-time basis working 35 hours per week. We support flexible work options including remote work where possible; with some in-person meetings based on your location.
Who we are
We have a bold vision of a world free of multiple sclerosis (MS). Our mission is to connect and empower the MS community to create positive change and you can be part of that!
Canada has one of the highest rates of MS in the world, with an estimated 90,000 Canadians living with the disease.
We are privileged to be a part of a determined group of change agents who are working tirelessly to create a world free of MS. Some 1500 Canadians affected by MS serve as leadership volunteers on division and chapter councils and committees and an estimated 13,500 volunteers work tirelessly delivering programs, fundraising events, public awareness campaigns and social action activities.
Through discoveries, innovation, and collective action, we will work together to alleviate the uncertainty that MS causes, help provide accessible options for disease management, and reach out to partners to eliminate physical and social barriers in our communities.
Our strategy not only lays out the roadmap in our journey to create a world free of MS, but we hope it also provides inspiration for all in the MS community to connect and collaborate in order to advance treatment and care, enhance well-being, understand and halt disease progression, and prevent MS from happening. Discover. Innovate. Act.
What we offer
At MS Canada, we have a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, short-term disability, an employee and family assistance program (EFAP) and travel insurance, to name a few. We offer a RRSP matching program. In addition, we invest in professional development opportunities to support the growth of our team members. Not only do we have an extended, paid office closure at the end of the year, but we also have half day Friday’s before long weekends! On top of that, we offer flexible working arrangements and opportunities to work remotely as well! Who wouldn’t want all of that?
The role you will play
The Manager, Prospect Research & Development is responsible for developing and managing the annual research plan, information systems, and donor information necessary to enable the Philanthropy team to identify, cultivate and steward donor relationships to enhance funds raised in support of people living with MS.
Key Areas of Impact:
- Manages and grows the prospect pipeline through strategic research, data mining and building a culture of philanthropy within the organization while building capacity and awareness of the role of all staff in prospecting.
- Collaboratively creates and executes an annual research plan to meet the information needs of the Philanthropy Team, Senior Leadership and Volunteers in preparation for contacting, cultivating, and soliciting prospects.
- Uses data to drive growth by developing systems for acquiring, analyzing, reporting, and storing prospect data to support prospect identification and prospect relationship development.
- Manages a team member and together conduct research to identify and evaluate prospects and provide recommendations on Major gift prospect strategy and priorities to Philanthropy staff, Senior Leadership and Volunteers.
What you will bring
Are you someone who has/is:
- A University degree or equivalent, preferably in Library and Information Science, or similar program?
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience leading major gift prospect identification, research, and pipeline management in a non-profit environment?
- Experience with data management and using data to identify prospects and support a major gift program?
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM and the NPSP would be an asset as well as the interest and ability to learn new systems?
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and synthesize data from a wide variety of sources, and present either
verbally or in writing the resulting information in a clear and concise manner?
- Sound general knowledge of program and process management as well as fundraising and communication
- A proven work history of strong organizational, planning, problem solving, and time management skills?
- Strategic, resourceful, and independent, while being able to work within an integrated and team-oriented environment?
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you!
If everything you have read so far has made you want to be part of this fantastic team, please send your application that includes your resume, cover letter and salary expectations in one Word or PDF document by February 10, 2023 to https://apply.workable.com/j/38AD91F6A6 . Applications without salary expectations will not be considered.
All positions at MS Canada will require a criminal background check.
MS Canada is dedicated to encouraging a supportive and inclusive culture amongst the whole workforce where people from all backgrounds can thrive.
To protect the health and safety of our employees and the MS community, MS Canada is requiring employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or obtain an approved exemption. Upon hire, we would need proof of vaccination or an approved exemption.
Our aim is to ensure that all employees, volunteers and those interested in joining our team are given equal opportunity and that our organization is representative of all sections of society. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
We are committed to accommodating applicants’ needs throughout the selection process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you need accommodation.
To learn more about MS Canada and the great work that we do, we encourage you to visit www.mssociety.ca.