Manager, Resource Development
Reporting to the Director, Resource Development, the Manager, Resource Development is a key role within Blue Door, contributing to the organization’s growing capacity and ongoing leadership in reducing and ending homelessness. The Manager will support all aspects of fund development with an emphasis on developing and executing a yearly giving plan to approach and engage individual and corporate donor.
- Develop an annual giving plan focused on individual and corporate donor gift growth, renewal, and stewardship.
- Set goals, establish KPIs, and build a prospect pipeline.
- Understand, analyze, and utilize donor data and sector trends to drive plans including segmentation strategy.
Major Donor Solicitation, Engagement, and Stewardship
- Deliver individual and corporate major donor ($5k+) asks, pitches, and presentations.
- Build strong relationships with new and existing donors, including identifying opportunities for further collaboration aligned with the donor’s interests.
- Write customized funding proposals, stewardship reports, support with preparing budgets, and other required deliverables for donors.
- Manage the planning and execution of customized recognition and stewardship plans for funders (e.g. stewardship events, donor tours, etc.).
- Engaging donors through regular updates and sharing impact stories about Blue Door and projects.
- Oversee the planning and execution of Blue Door’s annual impact report mailing, sending annual reports to leadership donors.
- Working with Blue Door’s Marketing & Communications Manager, to spotlight and recognize donors in the media, social media, annual report, and e-newsletters.
- Works closely with the wider Blue Door team to gather information and optimize the donor’s experience.
Campaign Planning and Execution
- Research and evaluate prospects and campaign opportunities aligned with Blue Door’s strategic plan.
- Solicit individual and corporate donors by leading the planning and execution of Blue Door’s GivingTuesday and holiday direct mail campaign.
- Support the development and implementation of new donor campaigns and initiatives.
- Establish and grow a Monthly Giving program to acquire more monthly donors.
- Build positive relations with the community, funders, and external parties including representing Blue Door in relationships with funders and sector stakeholders as required.
- Manage and support Blue Door’s Resource Development Coordinator in achieving their targets related to organizing Blue Door’s signature event, Coldest Night of the Year, and supporting third-party events.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the wider Resource Development team to support with the planning and execution of all Blue Door’s fundraising campaigns, including signature events and third-party fundraising.
Additional Operational Assistance
- Stay up-to-date on Blue Door’s programs and issues related to housing and homelessness for discussion with donors and prospects.
- Ensure the database is updated with major donor gifts, touchpoints, and campaign prospects for reporting.
- Positively communicate to the community Blue Door’s goals and work at every opportunity.
- Other duties as assigned.
Uphold Agency Policies
- Able and willing to promote harm reduction practices.
Respect and Professionalism
- Maintain professionalism in the workplace.
- Work cooperatively alongside and support all Blue Door team members and departments.
- Adherence to the mission, vision, policies, and procedures of the agency.
- Promote harm reduction practices in accordance with core standards.
- Attend internal staff meetings and staff training as required.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all client and agency information.
- Utilize effective conflict resolution skills in accordance with Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) training.
- Demonstrated ability to foster and maintain positive and appropriate relationships with clients, colleagues, community partners, donors, and volunteers.
- Provide referrals and follow-up as necessary.
- Meets with manager on a regular basis and participates in the completion of annual performance evaluation.
Occupational Health & Safety
- All employees are responsible for carrying out work in a way that does not adversely affect their own health and safety and that of others.
- All employees shall learn and understand health and safety policies and procedures and will comply with them.
- All employees must be able and willing to work within all programs and with flexible schedules.
- 3-5 years experience in fundraising with a focus on major gifts, individual or corporate giving, or peer-to-peer fundraising.
- Post-secondary education in fundraising, business, or a related field is an asset.
- Strong relationship-building skills with the ability to deliver impactful touchpoints with different audiences.
- Experience with various fundraising platforms and tools such as DonorPerfect and Salesforce is an asset.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to work independently but also as part of a team.
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, research skills, and ability to follow through with a high sense of urgency.
- Knowledge of the housing/homelessness sector and fundraising best practices are an asset.
- Valid Vulnerable Sector Screening Report from York Regional Police and driver’s license.
Blue Door is committed to the development of a staff and leadership team that reflects the incredible diversity of the communities we serve. We promote the principles of intersectional anti-racism and anti-oppression and adhere to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We both welcome and encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to access and equity, including Indigenous peoples, Black people, racialized people, members of 2SLGBTQIA+ communities, people with disabilities, and people with lived experience of homelessness. Blue Door is a unionized work environment.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and Blue Doors AODA Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
All applications will be reviewed as received, and interviews will begin for qualified candidates as soon as possible. The position may be filled before this job posting ends. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org