Date: January 2023
Reports to: Senior Manager, Philanthropy
Salary: $45,000 Per Annum Plus Benefits
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Etobicoke, ON
Time Required on-site: 30% (approximate)
Second Harvest is Canada’s largest food rescue organization and is a global thought leader on perishable food redistribution. We operate at the intersection of hunger relief and environmental protection, tackling food loss and waste through food redistribution, research, awareness, and education, continually innovating, and collaborating to ensure a more sustainable planet. We work with thousands of food businesses from across the supply chain utilizing logistics and technology to reduce the amount of edible food going to waste, thereby diverting unnecessary greenhouse gases from entering the environment.
The Philanthropy Coordinator is responsible for supporting the growth of Second Harvest’s individual donor base as well as the achievement of monthly, annual, and legacy donor pipeline and targets. The incumbent will support the acquisition, stewardship, and retention of donors across Canada.
- Participate in planning activities in collaboration with team members, to identify and implement fundraising goals and objectives.
- Support with the development of engaging fundraising campaigns, in collaboration with the Senior Manager, Philanthropy.
- Acquire, retain, upgrade, and re-activate monthly and annual donors in order to achieve revenue targets.
- Proactively onboard, steward, and correspond with annual donors, creating a positive giving experience for individuals and connecting them with the impact of their support.
- Foster a high level of engagement with our donors through unique and creative stewardship initiatives.
- Work with team members to develop and implement stewardship events including invitations, event setup, logistics, and post-event communications.
- Answer toll-free calls to Second Harvest and field questions from individual donors, resolving issues with a high level of care and escalating where necessary.
- Maintain accurate donor records and touchpoints in Raiser’s Edge database (including do-not-solicit records).
- Generate reports in Raiser’s Edge database and share insights on portfolio growth and donor demographics.
- Assist with annual reconciled tax receipting for annual donors.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned to support the overall goals of the organization.
- Donor Centric: you are passionate about providing the best donor experience, seeking ways to improve the giving journey, and engaging donors with our mission.
- Fundraiser: you have demonstrated success in fundraising or sales with a track record of meeting revenue targets, as well as relationship development and stewardship.
- Communicator: you have strong communication and diplomacy skills; you are comfortable communicating with existing or prospective donors via e-mail and digital channels, direct mail, and phone.
- Collaborative: you have a positive, collaborative working style; your past colleagues would call you a “team player.”
- Organized: you have excellent project and time management skills; you have a very keen attention to detail, coupled with the ability to multitask.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); previous experience working with MailChimp and CRM platforms (particularly Raiser’s Edge) would be considered an asset.
- Second Harvest requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by Health Canada. The Organization will comply with its obligations pursuant to the applicable human rights legislation and accommodate any prospective or current employee who is unable to be vaccinated for substantiated reasons, such as medical or religious reasons. Second Harvest’s vaccination policy is available upon request.
For more information about Second Harvest, please visit: Careers | Second Harvest Food Rescue
Please submit your cover letter and resume on or before February 12, 2023 by clicking here. Only electronic applications will be accepted.
We encourage applications from individuals who self-identify as belonging to equity-deserving groups such as (but not limited to): racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2S+ persons.
Second Harvest is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. Please let us know if you require any accommodations.