LetsStopAIDS is Canada’s Youth-HIV charity focusing on HIV prevention and knowledge exchange by engaging young people and fostering leadership. Since 2004, we have been creating a global network of youth-HIV leaders.
Reporting to the Development Manager, the Prospect Research Analyst will be a proactive self-starter whose primary duty is to identify, research and analyze information on prospective private foundation and corporate donors to LetsStopAIDS. This is a limited contract position of 6 months and the role is in-person at the LetsStopAIDS office, located Downtown Toronto.
- Using a combination of online, electronic and print resources, you will conduct research requests by developing and synthesizing information on prospects (corporations and foundations) to produce clear and detailed prospect profiles, including insight pertaining to giving capacity, giving history, philanthropic interests, nature of relationship to LetsStopAIDS and alignment with specific elements of LetsStopAIDS’ mission.
- Contribute to the building of our donor database within Salesforce, providing expertise on best practices for organizing donor information and accurately tracking their position within the donor pipeline.
- Investigate new fundraising opportunities through various channels (such as donor advised funds, industry partnerships etc.) to help build a robust donor pipeline.
- Leverage technology for data mining, screening and ranking potential donors and as well as proactively identifying new donors.
- Help determine appropriate solicitation ranges and identify the individual best positioned to make solicitation (Development Manager, President, Board Member etc.)
- Monitoring news and publicly available financial information on prospects from press releases, newspapers and other sources of information.
- Monitoring relevant news and issues that impact LetsStopAIDS’ fundraising strategies.
- Appropriately handle, sort and store donor and prospective donor information. Safeguard the confidentiality of donor/prospect information at all times by adhering to confidentiality guidelines and privacy policies of LetsStopAIDS and the Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement.
- Perform additional duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
- Post-secondary education in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in a prospect research role.
- Any equivalent combination of education, training, skills, experience will be considered.
- Priority will be given to those with experience using Salesforce to build donor profiles. Please highlight any experience in this area.
- Demonstrated ability in gathering, analyzing, interpreting and evaluating data using diverse online research databases and resources to uncover prospect information.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills.
- Knowledge of prospect research ethics, including statements by APRA.
- Excellent organizational skills, capable of prioritizing tasks, meeting deadlines, and effectively handling multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with competing demands.
- Detail oriented with an ability to concisely synthesize large amounts of information in a timely manner.
- A high degree of professionalism combined with excellent written, presentation and interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Strong ability to handle sensitive/confidential information with discretion.
How To Apply
- Please apply through the following link: https://letsstopaids.typeform.com/prosresearch
- Applicants are encouraged to submit a sample of previous work to enhance their application.