Senior Development Officer
Reporting to the Director, Fundraising and Public Relations, the Senior Development Officer enhances the dignity and quality of life of our clients through his/her assumed responsibility for the advancement of a major gifts program that will identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major, capital funding, and planned gift donors and prospects, thereby enabling Good Shepherd Ministries to respond to the needs of the homeless, disadvantaged and marginalized in our community.
Through responsible leadership and positive role modelling, he/she will develop appropriate cultivation and solicitation strategies for donors and prospects, moving potential donors in an appropriate and timely manner toward solicitation and closure, and that is guided by and is reflective of the Mission, Vision, and Values of Good Shepherd Ministries.
The Senior Development Officer will conduct their activities in a manner that reinforces and affirms the Mission of Good Shepherd Ministries, the dignity of our clients, the value and importance of our coworkers/volunteers/donors, and the difference that they make in the lives of those we serve.
- Design and implement a major gift strategy to secure funds for the Development of Mathias Place as well as other projects as needed.
- Research and identify prospects on the individual, corporation, and foundation levels, both within our existing donor base and outside, who could make major gifts.
- Design individual cultivation plans and arrange donor meetings with Executive Director, the Capital Campaign Committee members, as needed.
- Prepare written proposals for soliciting funding from individual donors and organizations.
- Create and edit major gift campaign communications including solicitation proposals, meeting requests, meeting follow-ups, presentations, acknowledgments, and letters.
- To work with appropriate members of the Fundraising team in developing donor proposals, acknowledgments, and stewardship materials.
- To assist with the implementation of a communication plan to increase the visibility and appreciation of Good Shepherd Ministries.
- To respect and protect the confidentiality of donor information, as well as all other information that is sensitive in nature to the operation of the Fundraising Department, the Good Shepherd Ministries, co-workers, volunteers, and others.
- To manage donor visits and solicitations with the committee, Board Members, and other senior coworkers when required.
- To perform any other tasks as required or as assigned from time to time by the Director of Fundraising and Public Relations or designate.
- Post-secondary education in fundraising or non-profit management.
- Minimum five years of experience in a campaign/major gifts fundraising.
- Leadership and project management skills.
- Ability to analyze data and produce reports while maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Strong people skills with a hospitable and respectful demeanor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds in a tactful and professional manner.
- Strong organizational, planning, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines, prioritize workload, and manage others while carrying out multiple projects at the same time.
- Creative thinker with the ability to provide solutions that meet audience needs.
- Ability to work with a Windows NT computer operating system, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Raiser’s Edge.
- Proficient with social networks, virtual meeting software, and various web-based applications.
- Flexible and able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
|Job type:||Full-time, 40 hours per week|
|Benefits:||Employee assistance programExtended health care
RRSP matching program
|Work location:||392 Queen Street East, Toronto, ON|
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.