Senior Development Officer, Greater Toronto Area
Senior Development Officer, Greater Toronto Area
JDRF is the largest non-profit organization in the world that is exclusively focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D). At JDRF, we realize that a cure is not just a destination but a journey. Our goal is to progressively remove the impact of type 1 diabetes (T1D) from people’s lives and funding research into cures is our #1 priority. While we wait for cures, we also fund ground-breaking research that seeks to improve the lives of people with T1D.
If you are looking to make a substantial impact in the lives of the more than 300,000 Canadians living with T1D, now is the time to join our team at JDRF.
We’re currently seeking a Senior Development Officer to join our team and drive fundraising revenue for the Greater Toronto Area region through peer-to-peer and major gifts fundraising.
In this position, you would have the opportunity to:
- Implement best practices in peer-to-peer fundraising to increase participation and event revenue and inspire, motivate and steward a portfolio of fundraisers and volunteers
- Work closely with volunteer event committees to provide support tools and communicate progress on event fundraising
- Identify and develop strategic key account volunteers to optimize event participation
- Balancing prospecting and new account recruitment with key account stewardship and development
- Collaborate closely with the corporate engagement and event experience teams to achieve the overall event objective
- Grow and manage a portfolio of donors and prospects through the development of cultivation and solicitation plans to close major gifts ($5,000-$50,000)
- Partner with volunteer leadership to solicit funding and other support from individuals, corporations, foundations and other sources of funding and/or influence
- Develop prospect solicitation strategies and proposals
- Build meaningful connections with donors and volunteers that results in new and diverse revenue streams (i.e. major gifts, events fundraising, planned giving, corporate partnerships) that further JDRF’s mission
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? If you have the following qualifications, we’d love to hear from you!
- University or College degree in Business Management, Fundraising or related discipline, with 2-3 years of progressive fundraising experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working on peer-to-peer fundraising events
- Team player that has the experience and ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers.
- Capability to leverage relationships and negotiate agreements
- High level of comfort communicating complex information (e.g. JDRF research, goals, etc.) to a wide range of audiences, from high-net worth individuals to corporate partners
- Ability to proactively monitor and adjust activities to respond to changing circumstances and priorities to meet goals, proactively address issues as they arise and mitigate risks associated to events
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, personable and service-oriented
- Ability to work within a tight timeline and prioritize in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills in order to successfully interact with external customers and staff within the organization
- Experience working with peer-to-peer fundraising software an asset
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office; Experience with a CRM database
- Some flexibility to travel throughout the region (15%) and to attend evening and weekend events; Valid driver’s license is an asset
Location: Greater Toronto Area; this position would be a home-office/remote role but will be expected to attend in-person donor/partner meetings in the Greater Toronto Area region
Mandatory vaccination policy: We require all JDRF employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The health, safety and well-being of our employees, volunteers, visitors, donors and event participants is our top priority. Throughout the pandemic, we have made adjustments to our health and safety guidelines, protocols and policies along the way based on the evolution of COVID-19 as well as public health guidelines, regional conditions and science-based evidence. Vaccinations, combined with other health measures remain the best way for everyone to help protect our staff, volunteers, donors and T1D community
Why choose JDRF?
At JDRF, we foster innovation and strive to think differently while working towards our mission in a collaborative, dynamic and positive work environment. Each day, we live our core values of Respect, Understanding and Integrity; Perseverance; Collaboration; Risk Taking and Entrepreneurship; and Efficiency, Effectiveness and Accountability. We prioritize growing our talent from within and strive to provide development opportunities to our team. We also offer a competitive compensation package including (employer paid) group benefits, group RRSP matching program, paid annual vacation, professional development opportunities and flexible working arrangements.
Ready to apply? Please submit your application online today!
JDRF strives to foster a workplace that reflects the diversity of the community it serves and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. JDRF is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. Please advise if you require any accommodation measures to ensure you will be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.