Senior Development Officer, Major Gifts
Senior Development Officer, Major Gifts
Employment Terms: Full-Time, Two-Year Contract
Start Date: ASAP
An Unprecedented Campaign with Unprecedented Success
Branksome Hall just launched Make Way, its most ambitious fundraising campaign in its history seeing unprecedented success, raising over $25M towards its $30M goal, including securing the largest gifts in its 120 years.
This campaign is a defining moment in the Branksome story, to support the next generation of creative and innovative thinkers and help them realize the role they will play as trailblazers, problem solvers, thought leaders and change makers.
We are looking for a Senior Development Officer, Major Gifts who will be a key member of a collaborative, mutually supportive and high-performing team to build on our success and help cement Branksome’s position as an exceptional, accessible and innovative leader in girls’ education.
Come Make Your Mark:
We are seeking an experienced Senior Development Officer (SDO), Major Gifts, to partner in developing strategy leading to the successful solicitation of prospects in the $25,000+ level. The SDO will play a pivotal role in growing every aspect of the Major Gift Program, and will contribute to achieving our Campaign goals.
Reporting to the Director, Campaign and Development and working collaboratively with other members of the Advancement and Community Engagement (ACE) team, the SDO’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Partnering with the Director, Campaign and Development to design and implement strategic and tactical plans to attract major and transformational gifts to the school;
- Managing a portfolio of prospects who are rated at the $25,000+ level;
- Identifying major gift prospects to grow and maintain a robust prospect pipeline;
- Preparing detailed meeting briefings for senior staff and leadership who are engaging with major gift donors;
- Preparing targeted and strategic communications for senior staff and leaders to engage, cultivate, solicit and thank major gift prospects and donors;
- Supporting the management of the Campaign Cabinet;
- Developing a series of strategic engagement opportunities directly aimed at engaging prospective donors and encouraging philanthropic support;
- Ensuring that major gift donors are stewarded and engaged and that all stewardship deliverables are actioned;
- Preparing gift agreements as needed;
- Attending events to further relationships with existing and prospective supporters as required.
Some evening and weekend work may be required to support the goals of the Campaign.
The successful candidate will possess a university degree in a related field with 4-5 years’ progressive, related Major Gift experience with a proven track record of securing gifts of $25,000+. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. A graduate certificate in fundraising and experience in an educational institution would be considered an asset. The SDO must have excellent prospecting skills and a proven ability to uncover leads from databases and other sources. The successful candidate will have previous experience in Major Gift planning, strategy, cultivation and solicitation activities as well as a demonstrated awareness of the donor relationship cycle. You will possess superior verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work with and support volunteers. The successful candidate will be flexible and thrive in a collaborative and dynamic environment. Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge, MS Office and Google applications will round out your profile.
Branksome Hall, a leading independent International Baccalaureate (IB) World School for girls challenges and inspires students to love learning and shape a better world. Through the unique combination of wellbeing, outstanding academics and international mindedness, Branksome Hall students and employees become impactful leaders who give back to their communities. With our values of Sense of Community, Inclusiveness, Creativity and Making a Difference as a foundation, Branksome Hall offers a strong liberal arts curriculum that develops critical thinking and inquiry skills.
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to grow your Major Gift and Campaign experience, managing your own portfolio of prospects and valuable front-line fundraising opportunities and gain senior volunteer management skills;
- An opportunity for a hybrid work arrangement, following completion of the probationary period;
- A competitive package including a comprehensive benefits package and a matching RRSP program for applicable positions;
- Vacation starting at three weeks with additional paid “Branksome days”;
- Access to professional development opportunities and internal training opportunities;
- Access to state-of-the-art facilities and resources to support innovation, entrepreneurship and well-being, including a fitness center and salt-water swimming pool;
- Opportunity to take part in our lunch program (taxable benefit).
Target Hiring Range: $78,800 – $98,500
To play a pivotal role within a leading educational institution, please submit your cover letter and resume. Applications will be reviewed as of Tuesday, February 20, 2024, and the posting will remain active until filled.
Applications will also be accepted by mail and can be sent to the address below:
Branksome Hall – Human Resources
10 Elm Avenue
Branksome Hall is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position. Branksome Hall is strongly committed to diversity, equity and inclusion within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with (dis)abilities, LGBTQ+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas, and champion diversity in its broadest sense. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates engaging in all parts of the recruitment and selection process at Branksome Hall.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.