Senior Development Officer, Major Gifts
“Immediate for Hire”
Stella’s Place program integrates DBT, peer support, trauma-informed care, anti-oppressive practice, and anti-racism. Skilled clinicians and peer ambassadors facilitate our counselling and group programs. We aim to create a culture where young adults can feel validated, seen and represented.
We seek a Senior Development Ofﬁcer, Major Gifts.
Reporting directly to the Director of Development, the Senior Development Ofﬁcer (SDO), Major Gifts will be responsible for advancing the mission of Stella’s Place by fostering strong relationships with peers and donors and will generate philanthropic support from individuals, corporations, and foundations by managing a portfolio of donors and prospective donors.
Start Date: Immediate
Work Location: Toronto – Hybrid: in office and temporarily home-based due to COVID-19
This full-time position works 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM
Salary & Benefits: $70,000 – $85,000 per year
Stella’s Place offers a generous health and vacation package, including comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, three weeks of vacation and 15 health days annually. Vacation increases after one year of service.
Mission: Partnering young adults and professionals to provide a collaborative, innovative model of mental health services.
Vision: Healthy, resilient young adults living the lives they choose.
Values: At Stella’s Place, we fundamentally value the capabilities and contributions of young adults as we seek breakthrough innovations that benefit our community and society as a whole.
We also value:
- Inclusiveness, diversity, and equity
- Accessibility and a sharing of knowledge
- Creativity, along with a strengths-based approach
The successful candidate will collaborate with the organization to foster a workplace that embraces a diversity of experiences, opinions, and identities, encourages teamwork, and complies with all applicable and regulatory requirements.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Builds and manages a portfolio of at minimum 50 major gift prospects through the donor-giving cycle utilizing principles of relationship/moves management
- Develops and implements donor cultivation/solicitation plans for each assigned prospect
- Creates brieﬁng notes, call reports, proposals, presentations, gift agreements and stewardship reports for portfolio prospects and donors
- Meets/exceeds major gift key performance indicators (i.e. number of moves, meetings, and proposals per month)
- Manages strategy and supports major gift activity for assigned fundraising volunteers
- Develops and implements customized stewardship strategies for portfolio donors
- Attends donor and organizational events as required
- Assists in other duties as required to furthering the goals of the Development team and Stella’s Place
- In collaboration with the Development and Operations teams, sets portfolio annual and long-term revenue plans
- Ensures the timely and accurate recording of moves management activity in the donor database
- Prepares weekly/monthly portfolio management reports for the Director of Development and the Board
- Ensures that portfolio donors are recognized according to the donor recognition vehicles and policies of Stella’s Place
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
- A University degree or College diploma in fundraising/non-proﬁt management/business or equivalent major gift experience
- Minimum five years of extensive relationship-building experience in a fundraising environment
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Proven track record of cultivating and securing major gifts
- Excellent writing, prospect research, communications, and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, and PowerPoint) and Google Suite
- Strong knowledge of Raise’s Edge or equivalent donor/CRM database
- Strategic thinker
- Strong donor portfolio management skills
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Stella’s Place
- Knowledge of federal and provincial legislation affecting charities, and charitable status
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Superior accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and set deadlines
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to work irregular hours, including some evenings and weekends
- Knowledge of young adult mental health service issues and solutions would be considered a tremendous asset
If you are interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity, we would love to hear from you!
To submit an application for consideration, please click this link: Sr Development Officer
Stella’s Place is committed to having a workforce that reflects the diversity of the City of Toronto and our participants. We strongly encourage applications from racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression and all those who can provide and contribute to the diversification of perspective at Stella’s Place.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.