Senior Development Officer, Stewardship
Indspire is an Indigenous charity, and a Top 10 Impact Charity for the past five years. We invest in the education of First Nations, Inuit and Métis people for the long-term benefit of these individuals, their families and communities, and Canada.
Indspire is seeking a Senior Development Officer, Stewardship to begin early August 2023. They will play a key role in the development, implementation and growth of all aspects of Indspire’s Stewardship Program. They will drive a comprehensive, strategic recognition and engagement plan that relays impact, educates and empowers donors, and fosters long term relationships between Indspire and its donors. They will oversee, the tracking and fulfillment of donor/sponsor recognition to provide best in class stewardship with a focus on retention.
- Create and implement an integrated Stewardship Plan of recognition and stewardship activities for all donors, sponsors, and supporters.
- Establish and manage tracking processes for acknowledgement, recognition, on-going communication, and continued cultivation of supporters.
- Lead the annual review of the stewardship plan to generate ideas for new/improved stewardship activities that enhance donor relationships and support increased giving.
- Ensure stewardship plans are compiled and communicated to all involved parties across the organization, and that the plan is implemented throughout the year.
- Create and expand programs, events and activities to actively engage donors, sponsors, volunteers, and other key stakeholders in Indspire’s work.
- Build relationships with colleagues in all departments to collect data and stories for impact reports to donors and sponsors.
- Receive and track RSVPs, invitations and respond to inquiries related to development events, provide attendees with accurate and timely event logistical information, and ensure that all invitations and attendance is recorded in the database.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications department on events, website pages/content and materials related to fundraising, sponsorship, and stewardship, including sponsor receptions, and cultivation events.
- Work closely with the Development team and adhere to Donor Acknowledgement Standards to ensure donor/sponsor follow-up after events, including post-event reports.
- Monitor current and best practices in fundraising, stewardship, cultivation, and recognition.
- Generate queries, reports, and data for stewardship reports.
- Collaborate with the Programs & Student Success and Finance departments to obtain detailed information on Indspire programs and scholarship recipients for reporting to corporate sponsors and donors.
- Prepare correspondence to donors and corporate sponsors and respond to inquiries as required.
- Manage timely production of regular or custom corporate sponsor stewardship reports and identify ways to continuously improve sponsor reporting.
- Ensure that all giving/sponsorship related web pages and materials (proposals, promotional pieces, presentations, letter templates) are accurate and updated regularly.
- Collaborate with Database Manager to create and maintain lists and reports required for development related activities while ensuring key Indspire staff have an opportunity to review.
- Work with internal departments to build and maintain a network of people that can assist as volunteers and speakers at Indspire events across Canada.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of post-secondary degree or equivalent experience.
- Progressive experience with a minimum of 5 years’ stewardship experience in a non-profit organization or in a similar environment.
- Demonstrated experience of project management success in effectively managing multiple projects, deadlines, and priorities, and creating and executing innovative stewardship activities.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated openness to learning and willingness to engage in cultural competency training.
- Broad knowledge of fundraising principles and experience working with fundraising software and/or contact databases is a requirement.
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service and administrative skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Able to work and interact with a diversity of donors, sponsors, prospects and volunteers.
- Knowledge of the Indigenous community is preferred and openness to engaging in cultural competency training.
- Collaborative team player who takes initiative and ownership of the stewardship plan and accountabilities to achieve strategic goals within the organization.
- Able to work quickly, efficiently and accurately with attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge, or a similar donor database.
- Ability to work with sensitive information with complete confidentiality.
- Occasional travel between Six Nations and Toronto offices is required.
- Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends and possess a willingness to travel within Canada.
- Ability to work in French is an asset.
The duties within this job description can be amended from time to time.
- Hybrid workplace that provides flexibility from home and in the office (3 days in office and 2 home).
- Competitive Benefits Program & Pension.
- Opportunities and support for professional learning and growth.
- Being a part of shaping the future of education for Indigenous people in Canada.
How to Apply
To apply, forward your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. We appreciate your interest, but only qualified applicants that meet the requirements will be contacted.
Indspire is committed to ensuring an equal opportunity recruitment process.
Accommodations are available to all applicants upon request. We are committed to providing any accommodation required to ensure a barrier-free process. Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will work with all applicants to accommodate any accessibility needs.
To learn more about Indspire, visit indspire.ca.
Deadline for Applications: May 26, 2023 at 5:00 pm EST