Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships
Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships
Hope Air is Canada’s only national charity providing free travel for Canadians in financial need who must access medical care far from home. Hope Air has provided more than 200,000 travel arrangements in our 38-year history including 24,000 travel arrangements in 2023.
That number is a record for the charity, and it reflects our trajectory. We’re seeking passionate fundraisers ready to take on the challenge of helping the charity scale to reach growing demand, and we’re seeking a motivated corporate fundraiser to help support this growth.
About the Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships position:
The Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships role leads an overall fundraising portfolio of $1 Million working actively with the Chief Development Officer and Chief Executive Officer to solicit new corporate grants and partnerships for the organization.
The corporate portfolio is strong at Hope Air, with this role offering exposure to the charitable impact teams at Canada’s largest financial institutions, consultancies, aviation businesses and natural resource companies along with other regional industry leaders.
Hope Air raises restricted and unrestricted funds from corporate partners through philanthropic grants, corporate partnerships and sponsorships. This role plays a leadership role in all areas, including sponsorship and employee engagement through Give Hope Wings and Haul for Hope two unique peer-to-peer events intertwined with the world of aviation.
Required Skills and Competencies
- A passion for helping others and making positive change in Canada. Hungry to achieve social impact and revenue generation goals.
- A professional, engaging and polished communicator both written and verbally. As comfortable pitching in a board room as via email.
- A strong relationship builder with an aptitude for corporate donor development and stewardship.
- Extremely organized, pays great attention to detail, able to multi-task, and is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with a donor database and pipeline process. Familiarity with using Salesforce is an asset.
- Experience and comfort with all forms of corporate fundraising:
- Grant Application and Reporting Process
- Sponsorship Solicitation and Fulfillment
- Prospecting, including cold calling and other forms of lead generation, pitch meetings, etc.
Key Duties of the Role:
This role manages the full solicitation and application cycle for sponsorships, grants and new partnerships. On key accounts, the role collaborates with the Chief Development Officer and/or Chief Executive Officer as part of the active process of stewardship and solicitation.
- Managing a portfolio of Corporate supporters and prospects throughout the grant cycle, including responsibility for prospect research, donor acquisition and stewardship.
- Engaging and stewarding donors through regular updates on the progress of programs and projects; communicating to donors regularly on the impact of their giving, in addition to maintaining a regular reporting cycle based on timelines provided by the donor.
- Managing administration related to Corporate gifts, including donor correspondence, ensuring that details are up to date in the donor database (Salesforce), and filing application, reporting, etc. appropriately.
- Working with Communications to ensure that donor’s recognition expectations are met.
- Working with Finance to ensure that all restricted grants are allocated correctly and that all grant documentation is in compliance with donor directives.
- Working effectively as an integral part of a highly collaborative fundraising team.
You Must Have:
- 3-5 years or more fundraising experience, with a focus on corporate relationships
- A demonstrated track record of meeting and exceeding revenue targets
- An efficient, high-energy approach to building a portfolio including a drive to unearth and develop new prospects
This position offers a hybrid work location with a requirement to visit the Toronto office at regular intervals, and with the expectation to attend in-person donor meetings as required.
Working at Hope Air:
You will be joining a dynamic and mission inspired Team who believe in collaboration, excellence and having fun. The benefits of working at Hope Air include :
- Industry competitive salary;
- Annual Bonus incentive;
- Comprehensive medical, dental and other Benefits;
- Paid vacation;
- flexible home/office work arrangements;
- Hope Air offices are located at the CSI Annex Toronto location, a beautiful light filled, brick and beam building;
- The opportunity to travel throughout Canada for company events, meetings and donor relations
- Professional development support
In Canada, healthcare is universal. Access is not.
Hope Air believes that where you live should not determine if you live.
Hope Air is Canada’s only national charity providing free travel and accommodations for Canadians in financial need who must access medical care far from home. With 3.2 million Canadians living below the poverty line – including 566,000 children, 191,000 single mothers and 216,000 seniors – access to healthcare is not assured and cost is a huge barrier if you must travel to reach specialists far from home. The promise of Hope Air is that when it comes to healthcare, no one will be left behind no matter where they live or their financial challenges.
Hope Air’s travel and accommodation programs provide patients with an immediate and direct impact on their lives. As a result of Hope Air support, thousands of Canadians each year reach medical care rather than being forced to postpone or cancel medical treatments due to financial constraints. Hope Air’s programs help keep remote and smaller communities vibrant, enabling Canadians to continue to live where they choose regardless of local access to specialized medical care.
Hope Air is a well-performing national charity with a mission that has undeniable appeal. The organization is at a unique time in its history, with travel arrangements doubling from 2022 to 2023 and the fundraising team has a significant mandate to scale to support this growing demand for travel. For the right fundraiser, this is a unique and wonderful opportunity to have positive impact on the lives of Canadians who struggle to access the healthcare they need. Caring and patient-centric, the organization explores new and creative options to address those needs and sees significant opportunity to continue to grow.