Senior Manager, Marketing, Communications & Brand
Capitalize for Kids is seeking a new Manager responsible for leading and managing all functional areas of Marketing, Communications, Public Relations and Branding. In the past 10 years, Capitalize for Kids (C4K) has helped over 240,000 kids and their families obtain critical mental health services and supports by removing barriers to access. More than ever, kids are reaching out for support. Demand is increasing and mental health service providers are struggling to keep up. Kids and their families are trapped on waitlists – unable to get the help they desperately need. According to the Mental Health Commission of Canada, an estimated 1.2 million Canadian children and youth struggle with serious mental health issues. Unfortunately, service providers just can’t keep up with the demand. Kids and their families deserve so much better – that is why we focus on building capacity in kids’ mental health services.
Capitalize for Kids is effectively addressing issues in the access to mental health care for kids and their families in some of our most vulnerable communities and populations, and making transformational changes to systemic issues that have negatively impacted these families getting the support they need. Reporting to the CEO, the Senior Manager will help us effectively tell our story with the impact it deserves and contribute to C4K’s growing thought leadership in this space. This will include developing and driving the marketing and communications strategy to expand our reach and support fundraising initiatives, including a robust digital marketing plan with the ability to evaluate and create excellent end-to-end donor, beneficiary and corporate client experiences across multiple channels and touchpoints. Working cross-functionally with the events team and the program team, external partners and audiences, this role will also develop and oversee public relations and messaging to ensure effective marketing and communications plans are in place, including measurement for all marketing, communications, PR, UX, brand, market research and engagement activities.
ABOUT CAPITALIZE FOR KIDS
Capitalize for Kids works with numerous youth mental health support agencies to identify gaps and barriers in their operations and develop opportunities to increase their capacity through process, program and technology solutions. We partner with top for-profit consulting companies on a pro-bono basis to co-design these solutions and then if necessary, we help fund the required changes to an agency’s operations. At the end of the process, we template and share what we learn so that other organizations can implement similar solutions for themselves. We are helping service providers support more young people with their existing resources. It means that kids spend less time looking for help and more time getting it.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and manage all program marketing, public relations, communications activities and assets, including translating the functional strategies into marketing plans, and annual operations plans.
- Develop and implement marketing campaigns in partnership with the CEO and own the implementation from ideation to execution and iteration.
- Own and manage all digital channels, including the website, email marketing campaigns and social media platforms.
- Develop powerful storytelling highlighting exceptional impact and mission results to drive fundraising, client engagement and employee engagement.
- Create all branded materials for our two signature events the Bay Street Games and Capitalize for Kids Annual Investors Conference.
- Create brand guidelines and ensure brand is properly embedded in all program assets and messaging.
- Manage the budget for marketing, advertising and promotional programs and campaigns.
- Lead market research, ongoing tracking, surveys and focus groups.
- Analyze and update all target audiences, customer and partner touchpoints to optimize all user experiences (e.g., website).
- Create customer journeys and target audience mapping for internal strategic use and for external promotional and information use.
- Lead all PR outreach and media engagements.
- Collaborate with creative and PR agencies and other vendor partners.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- Progressive experience in marketing, communications, and brand management, ideally in a charity or not-for-profit environment.
- Proven experience with strategic planning for marketing and communications and managing marketing and advertising budgets.
- Previous experience in social media marketing to build brand, grow engagement and drive fundraising.
- Keen brand awareness – a clear understanding of how brands are grown and the importance of a balanced marketing mix, and storytelling to drive revenue and engagement.
- Experience with website content management systems and development with a focus on user experience skills for optimal digital experience.
- Excellent project management skills and experience with project management software.
- Proven experience managing and working with vendors and external suppliers.
- Highly collaborative with strong relationship management experience; able to lead teams and colleagues.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to think beyond classical marketing parameters to create new approaches and solutions; responsive to changes and trends and proactively shifts to meet these changes.
- A hands-on attitude – being both analytical and hard-working
- Excited to work with a growing team where you can make a big difference.
- Event marketing and promotion experience is an asset
- Experience with news & media and government relations is an asset.
EDUCATION & EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE
- Minimum undergraduate university degree preferred.
- 5 years minimum working in marketing, communications, PR and brand management.
- Experience creating and launching a new brand and assets, ideally in the charity sector in support of fundraising and philanthropy.
- Experience leading and executing market research.
- Experience working for a charity or not-for-profit organization, or for/with a corporation with strong social impact activity.
- A combination of skills and experience will be considered.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND REQUIREMENTS
- Works in an environment that has minimal hazardous or disagreeable environmental conditions, whether physical or psychological.
- Work requires slight physical exertion and/or application of concentration or attention effort that results in physical or sensory strain or fatigue.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information about this opportunity, please contact Helena Debnam, Senior Consultant, Search + Talent by email at C4KMARCOM@kcitalent.com.
All inquiries and applications will be held in strict confidence. Interested candidates should send resume and letter of interest to the email address listed above by January 3, 2024.
The salary range for this position is $85,000 to $105,000 based on experience and qualifications.
Capitalize for Kids welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, but not limited to women, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, persons with disabilities and persons of all sexual orientations and/or gender identities. All qualified candidates are welcome to apply; however, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Capitalize for Kids is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from all persons including those with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the interview process.
Capitalize for Kids is a hybrid work environment.