Please Note: This position may require the incumbent to work on-site and/or remotely at scheduled times, dependent upon operational needs. Please review Seneca’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy prior to applying to this position.
The Stewardship Officer will be responsible for the planning, coordination and execution of all donor stewardship activities in the Advancement and Alumni team. This is a highly collaborative key role in the Advancement team, working closely with the Major Giving and Annual Giving teams to ensure that donors to Seneca are surprised and delighted by the gratitude, acknowledgement and recognition they receive, regardless of the level of their giving. The incumbent will understand the strategic link between stewardship and cultivation and will support the development of prospect strategies with leadership annual and major giving relationship managers. The incumbent will be an excellent project manager, event planner and builder of relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with Major Giving team to develop and support the execution of individual stewardship / cultivation plans for major donors
- Work with Major Giving relationship managers to plan and execute individual donor stewardship events
- Execute two donor-focused showcase events
- Support regular review of Major Giving prospect portfolios with relationship managers to identify opportunities for stewardship action
- Coordinate Seneca Awards Reception – or equivalent – with a donor-centered model focusing on connecting donors and award recipients
- Collect student thank you cards and mail to award fund holders
- Coordinate the preparation and distribution of endowment reports for all endowed fund holders
- Develop content strategy and curate all stewardship content for the donor recognition space at Newnham campus including annual renewal with associated donor outreach
- Execute the annual Thanksgiving campaign to all donors who give $20 or more
- Coordinate VIP distribution of RED magazine and other appropriate communications / initiatives
- Coordinate thank you calls to all new donors and those who give $100 – $9,999
Strategy and Planning
- Work with the Executive Director and Director, Advancement and Alumni, develop a stewardship strategy and operating plan and coordinate execution
- Work with Advancement team to review and refresh the donor stewardship matrix and plan to ensure that optimum stewardship is being delivered and all possible assets are being utilized effectively – from President’s Office to donor recognition space
- Minimum three (3) year diploma/degree in Fundraising Management, Event Management, Marketing, Public Relations and Communications
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in event planning and execution, project management and Fundraising specifically donor stewardship is required
- Experience in direct/digital marketing and working in a post-secondary education is required
- Demonstrated computer skills, including MS Office applications; the ability to use a Blackbaud Raisers Edge database
- Excellent customer service orientation and interpersonal skills; exceptional oral and written communication skills are required
- Must be flexible and adaptable in order to accommodate multiple stakeholders; able to adapt to and communicate with diverse populations
- Demonstrated relationship management skills
Note: A skills assessment test will be administered during the recruitment process.
Seneca College is committed to diversity and encourages applications from qualified candidates, especially Indigenous persons, members of sexual minority groups, visible minorities, women and persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com.
To Apply: Please submit your application online via Seneca’s External Careers Page before Jan 2, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.