Development & Donor Relations Coordinator
What We’d Like You To Know About Us
CARE EMPOWERMENT INCLUSION
These values are at the heart of who we are as people, as professionals and as a team.
Rise is Canada’s only national charity dedicated to helping people with mental health or addiction challenges achieve financial independence through self-employment or small business ownership.
Our clients reflect many diverse groups that experience barriers related to access to employment. They self – identify including 60% who are women, 35% who are BIPOC and 60% persons with low income. Rise aims for a diverse team of staff and volunteers to ensure that our funding, programs and services respect and reflect clients’ needs.
For 11 years, Rise has financed, trained, mentored and coached over 1,000 entrepreneurs disbursing more than $ 2 million in over 600 small loans. Our programs enable clients to hone their skills, achieve their goals and live their dreams. Check out our Impact Report
This new position, reporting to the Manager of Advancement & Communications, is a reflection of the growth that Rise has undergone and has planned for the future, as outlined in Rise Above, our 3-Year Strategic Plan.
Major goals of the Strategic Plan include doubling client participation in Rise programs, operating in all five major regions of the country, growing the Loan Fund, and significantly building the Rise brand.
To help accomplish these goals, and more, we are seeking a candidate with strong administrative skills, combined with interest in and a distinctive aptitude for fundraising and donor relations. If you are relationship oriented as well as focused on goals, and demonstrate exceptional attention to detail, this opportunity may be for you.
Key Job Responsibilities
Prospect/Pipeline Management (40%)
- Support the CEO, COO and Rise board to cultivate and solicit prospective donors, including scheduling meetings, and drafting research profiles, briefing documents, presentations, and proposals.
- Work with the CEO to prioritize prospective donors in pipeline, creating moves management strategies, where appropriate.
- Liaise with Rise staff to monitor priority areas for fundraising and work with prospect researcher to ensure the pipeline is being refreshed accordingly.
- Play an active role in the ongoing development and implementation of Rise Launch (Leadership Giving; gifts below $10k).
Recognition and Stewardship (20%)
- Monitor reporting requirements and ensure timely submission of donor stewardship reports, including content development, in partnership with the Program Managers.
- Provide support to the CEO by creating and implementing customized stewardship plans for donors as needed.
- Write annual thank you letter templates, and custom acknowledgement letters for major donors.
- Draft gift agreements; circulate through appropriate channels and track signatures.
Database Administration (20%)
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date donor records in eTapestry database.
- Import/export donor data to create reports.
- Monitor donations received against gifts pledged, verifying accuracy and completeness of information.
- Develop and maintain donor lists for ongoing and campaign specific communications.
Special Events (15%)
- Participate in the planning and execution of special events, like the annual Rotman Family Entrepreneurship Awards, including engaging speakers, booking venues, sending invitations/tracking RSVP’s, budget reconciliation, etc.
Annual Planning (5%)
- Participate in creating and implementing annual plans, to ensure the Advancement team meets revenue targets.
- Related university degree or comparable combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of fundraising or equivalent experience, with a priority preference for major gifts fundraising experience in a non-profit organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to think critically and to exercise independent and sound judgement in anticipating needs and taking initiative.
- Strong attention to detail; organized and systematic in donor follow-through.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize work, manage deliverables and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Superior computer literacy in Microsoft Office software applications.
- Willingness to learn and to take on additional responsibilities as appropriate.
- Collaborative, innovative and goal oriented.
- Unquestionable integrity, strong judgement skills and absolute discretion with confidential and sensitive information.
- Proven ability to operate professionally and with consistently high standards of excellence.
- Knowledge and understanding of fundraising software such as Raisers Edge, eTapestry or Salesforce.
- Knowledge of fundraising practices, procedures and standards as evidenced by a combination of relevant work and/or education experience.
Rise is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. We actively seek racialized and indigenous persons, people with disabilities, (including people who have experienced mental health and addiction challenges), and additional diverse identities for our team.
As part of our legal obligation under the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), Rise requires that the successful candidate be fully vaccinated, or provide a valid exemption (as defined by current public health guidelines), in order to access the Rise offices.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. All applicants are notified that, where needed, accommodation for disabilities will be provided on request. This includes accommodation throughout the recruitment process.
To apply for this exciting career opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter before Friday, February 11, 2022 to email@example.com
The salary range for this position is $46,000-$51,000.