Coordinator, Annual Giving
Are you looking to launch your career in fundraising? Do you have a passion for connecting with people and making a difference? Are you ready to grow professionally and personally within a high functioning team?
Lakeridge Health Foundation is seeking an enthusiastic and eager up-and-coming professional to join our team as the Coordinator, Annual Giving. This driven individual will join our team to learn the ins and outs of Annual Giving and be responsible for executing many of the core day-to-day functions of these programs.
What you’ll be doing:
As a key member of the annual giving team, the Coordinator, Annual Giving will report to the Manager, Annual Giving and is responsible for fulfilling the day-to-day objectives of the annual giving programs, including direct mail, telemarketing, grateful patient, monthly and tribute donors as well as become the main contact for donors who give up to $1,000.
Working closely and collaboratively with the Manager, Annual Giving and the entire Marketing & Communications team, the Coordinator will help bridge giving programs, provide a seamless donor experience and ensure annual projects are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
Summary of duties:
- Assist in the creative direction of all direct mail campaigns including working with vendors for copywriting, design, data development and distribution
- Connect with various types of donors to make thank-you calls or update personal information
- Collaborate with the Manager, Annual Giving, on the execution of all aspects of the grateful patient and tribute giving programs
- Assist in the implementation of telemarketing campaigns
- Work closely with the Office Coordinator to ensure all donors receive personalized and timely acknowledgement of donations
- Ensure and maintain Raiser’s Edge data accuracy and integrity in accordance with the Foundation’s policies and procedures
- Play an important role in the development of strategies to retain, upgrade, and re-activate annual donors (under $1,000)
What you bring to the position:
- 1-3 years of experience in a professional office environment, sales or customer service
- Proven experience with relationship building
- Keen interest in launching your career in fundraising
- Comfortability in interacting with customers, vendors and donors
- Experience working with annual fundraising programs such as direct mail, telemarketing, digital fundraising, and direct marketing is considered an asset
- Proven project management success with the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong commitment to accuracy and completion of tasks on time
- Database experience, familiarity with Raiser’s Edge are considered an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Outlook
- A passion for health care and motivated by seeing the meaningful work of the Hospitals at Lakeridge Health
Your competencies include:
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate well with co-workers, peers, donors, volunteers and others
- Donor and customer-centric: you are passionately dedicated to providing the best experience
- Driven self-starter; works effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Outstanding communication skills: written and verbal; and an excellent listener
- Exceptional organizational skills and high attention to detail. Strong follow-up initiative to ensure high-quality work
- Out-of-the-box and innovative thinker with a growth mindset to advance professionally and personally within the organization
- Ability to follow well-defined instructions and complete tasks independently
- Creative, innovative and resourceful
- Emotionally intelligent, patient and conscientious
- Passion for connecting with people and making a difference
- Sense of humour, energetic, and positive attitude
What we have to offer:
When you work for our Foundation, you join a high-functioning, innovative and collaborative team with strong leadership and a supportive Board of Directors. With a strategic plan in place, the Foundation is in the midst of an exciting path forward with a focus on making our biggest impact yet on local health care.
We offer an excellent package to employees including an outstanding pension plan via Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP), competitive salary, benefits, and the opportunity to progress and build your career.
Who we are:
Supporting Lakeridge Health’s Oshawa and Whitby sites, the Foundation is committed to raising awareness and funds for one of Ontario’s largest health systems. Located in Durham Region, Lakeridge Health is home to a number of regional programs including one of the province’s top Cancer Centres, the R.S. McLaughlin Durham Regional Cancer Centre. Through the Foundation’s thriving major gift, planned giving, annual giving and community giving programs, which are supported by the generosity of corporations, individuals and volunteers, we’re ensuring the very best health care is available, close to home.
Lakeridge Health Foundation is accredited by Imagine Canada.
How to apply:
Lakeridge Health Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants, regardless of gender, race, age, sexuality, or disability. Accommodation, as required by law, will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment. If you are applying for a position, please let us know any needs you may have in advance.
Lakeridge Health Foundation has engaged Predictive Success Corporation to assist with the selection process for the position of Coordinator, Annual Giving. Their analytics tool, the Predictive Index Behaviour Assessment, is a science-based, online behavioural assessment that provides objective data identifying the unique motivating drives and behaviours of prospective and current staff as well as system leaders.
Introductory emails will be sent only to candidates who we would like to participate in the Predictive Index Behaviour Assessment.
All inquiries and applications will be held in strict confidence.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to:
- email@example.com. Please quote “Coordinator, Annual Giving” in the subject line of your email.
- The job posting will close on Monday, May 2, 2022 at 12:00 pm.
- No phone calls, please.
We thank all applicants in advance.