Digital Fundraising Officer
Title: Digital Fundraising Officer
Department: Community Giving
Reports To: Sr. Manager, Digital Fundraising and Engagement
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is inventing the future of health care with a focus on trauma, brain, cardiac and women and babies. Sunnybrook treats the most critically ill patients in Ontario, pioneering life-saving innovations that are changing patient outcomes worldwide. Sunnybrook Foundation exists to raise the awareness and funds required to ensure that Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre achieves its mission.
The Digital Fundraising Officer reports to the Senior Manager, Digital Fundraising and Engagement and supports community fundraising & engagement initiatives across digital platforms. This includes leading fundraising strategies and tactical execution for email, web, paid social and search media, and working closely with our donor database and CRM systems.
As a key member of our team, you will manage digital fundraising activities designed to acquire, onboard, convert and reactivate one-time gift donors. You will additionally support digital strategies and tactical work to retain, engage, and steward monthly donors.
Success in this role means a highly collaborative approach, working closely with cross-functional teams across Sunnybrook.
We are looking for someone who cares about our work and is an excellent fit for our culture and team. If you want to work in a dynamic environment, we want to hear from you!
- Manage the development and execution of fundraising campaigns aimed at acquiring, onboarding, and converting donors through storytelling, creative concepts, testing and reporting.
- Manage fundraising vendors and projects to lead campaigns, including email, digital advertising and web.
- Execute ideas from start to finish using marketing and database platforms such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Raiser’s Edge.
- Lead the analysis and reporting of fundraising and engagement campaigns to ensure objectives, targets, return on investments and other key performance measurements are being met; implement and advise changes if not.
- Use CRM tools and Google Analytics, establish campaign performance metrics to help make data-driven decisions to optimize future campaigns.
- Lead the management and evolution of donation pages to grow donor conversion.
Skills and Qualifications:
Advanced skills in digital fundraising campaign development and implementation, acquisition campaigns, and knowledge of the donor journey, website strategy development and paid media channels.
- 5-7 years’ experience in a digital role, with a cross-platform fundraising focus.
- Hands-on experience working with data as it pertains to fundraising and engagement campaigns. Experience with Raiser’s Edge and Salesforce Marketing Cloud is required.
- Proficient in HTML and CSS to customize emails and adapt email templates in Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to turn complex strategies into clear and manageable work plans, timelines, and deliverables across channels.
- Experience writing and editing for digital fundraising, and engagement with a clear understanding of how to develop stories to reach various audience segments.
- Proficient with Google Analytics and Dashboards, including UTM parameter tactics for optimal cross-platform reporting and analysis.
- Demonstrated understanding A/B testing practices for email and web.
- Proficient in managing paid media campaigns for social and search platforms, collaborating with internal teams and agency for fulfillment.
- Comfortable working in Adobe Photoshop to edit/adapt creative work produced by designers.
- Working knowledge of a web scripting language is an asset.
How you will succeed in this role:
You are organized, analytical, creative and motivated by growing digital fundraising programs, by telling impactful stories.
- A collaborative mindset that’s eager to bring new ideas to the table ー you find inspiration in your work and you know how to execute your plans.
- Curiosity and drive that seeks out the latest digital marketing trends and how to translate these trends into content that Sunnybrook supporters want to see in their inbox, social feeds and search ads.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to juggle deadlines and be self-managed.
- Strong communicator: ability to explain technical issues to team and enjoys sharing knowledge
- Open to feedback, seeks additional information and clarification and acts upon recommendations contributing to individual and organizational success
- Embraces change and looks for opportunities for continuous improvement personally and for the organization
- Committed to learning; stays informed on best practices, new tools and technology in digital development and design
WHAT WE OFFER
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a leading not-for-profit
- Enrollment in HOOPP pension plan
- Full benefits: dental, medical, vision care, paramedical and professional and confidential Employee Assistance Program services
- Generous leave entitlements including December holiday closure and early closures leading into long weekends
- Flexible hybrid work model as is appropriate to the role
If you would like to apply for this role, please send a cover letter and a current resume listing your qualifications and experience to foundationHR@sunnybrook.ca by June 24th , 2022.
Please quote “Digital Fundraising Officer” in the subject line of your email. We thank all applicants for their interest in Sunnybrook Foundation. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sunnybrook Foundation is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodations for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Foundation is strongly committed to equity, diversity and inclusion within its community and encourages all applicants including but not limited to: Indigenous, Black and other racialized persons, all religions, cultures, and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons and persons of any gender identity and sexual orientation, and everyone who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital’s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.