Digital Project Specialist – (12 month contract)
Title: Digital Project Specialist
Department: Marketing & Communications
Reports to: Digital Marketing Manager
The Digital Project Specialist will play an important role in the redevelopment and launch of Sunnybrook Foundation’s new website. In this exciting, 12-month contract role you will collaborate with our Digital team, agency partner(s), and cross-functional Foundation and Hospital teams, throughout the project cycle. You will support the website’s conceptualization, work with the core Project Team through the each project phase, and play a key support role in project planning and management.
Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager, Infrastructure – you are a highly organized planner, passionate about all things web, experienced in web-design and proficient in project management. We are building a best-in-class website and your expertise will help create our new, innovative online presence.
- Support all project planning and management activities with our project team, and with our Agency.
- Develop project process documents and collaborate on stakeholder communications management
- Support consultations, reviews and approvals with internal stakeholders to determine the website’s desired functionalities, UX and design
- Collaborate on work to deliver on user-friendly and visually appealing interfaces
- Support detailed scoping work for content strategies, information architecture, feature-set mapping, technical architecture, content migration
- Help develop and manage scope, timelines, work back schedules and bottlenecks for website redevelopment project deliverables
- Book project meetings and document detailed notes and action items
- Preparing agendas, project progress updates, presentations decks for stakeholder meetings.
- Track and update status using project management tools including Wrike, Google Drive and others
- Update Foundation Intranet with key project updates and milestone achievements.
- Coordinate communications and action items for internal teams and agency
- Coordinate approvals and User Acceptance (UAT) testing with cross functional stakeholders
- Work to, and enforce correct project procedures, chasing of deliverables & other project documentation Deliver clear project status reports and draft presentations for the team and key stakeholder meetings
- Support Google Analytics reporting, data gathering and analysis to inform web design and information architecture
- Troubleshoot and testing prototypes, as well as monitoring the live deployment of the product.
- Document website development processes and procedures, if required.
- Keep abreast of developments and trends in website design.
- Proven ability and demonstrable experience in helping to deliver and managing large scale websites to budget, on time and to a high quality.
- Excellent project management and leadership attributes to include:
- Stakeholder management
- Risk & issue management
- Task scheduling
- Resource management
- Communication management
- 2-5 years of supporting end-to-end web project management
- Hands-on experience with project management tools and applications
- Proven experience with Agile project management methodology, and Jira or similar software
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems such as WordPress, Drupal, Joomla
- Solid working knowledge of SEO and Google Analytics
- Experience navigating accessibility and compatibility considerations from a web design perspective
- Excellent organization, time management skills and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- University or College degree or equivalent experience information technology, web design, digital marketing or related fields.
Length of contract: 12 Months from start date.
If you would like to apply for this role, Please submit 1-3 live URL of websites you have helped manage, along with a cover letter and a current resume listing your qualifications and experience by August 18, 2023 to foundationHR@sunnybrook.ca.
Please quote “Digital Project Specialist” in the subject line of your e-mail. We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sunnybrook Foundation is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodations for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Foundation is strongly committed to equity, diversity and inclusion within its community and encourages all applicants including but not limited to: Indigenous, Black and other racialized persons, all religions, cultures, and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons and persons of any gender identity and sexual orientation, and everyone who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital’s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case bases.