Director of Development
Director of Development, ErinoakKids
Location: Mississauga site
ErinoakKids Centre for Treatment and Development is Ontario’s largest Children’s Treatment Centre (CTC) – serving more than 25,000 children and youth with disabilities and their families each year. Clients of ErinoakKids have a wide range of physical and/or developmental disabilities, communication disorders, autism, and some of the children cared for are blind and/or deaf.
Serving Halton, Peel, Dufferin, and for some services – Waterloo and Wellington – ErinoakKids has approximately 900 staff members and four locations from which it provides a comprehensive array of medical, therapy and support services that help children and their families. The main services include Autism Services, Communication Services, Infant Hearing Services, Medical Services, Speech Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy and Vision Services.
ErinoakKids goal is to help each child they serve to build on his/her unique strengths, and to maximize opportunities for independence, health and well-being. It also helps families as they meet the challenges of everyday life. It works from a family-centred philosophy, and its focus is on the strengths and resilience of its clients and their families. They have close connections throughout our community, and partner with school boards, other service providers, and hospitals in the delivery of care, including SickKids and Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital in Toronto.
The Ontario government funds ErinoakKids’ mandatory services through its Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services. Additional services at ErinoakKids, beyond those funded by government, are made possible through the generosity of private and corporate donors, as well as the time and expertise of volunteers.
ErinoakKids is seeking a Director of Development
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Director of Development will be responsible for the $10 million Campaign, implementation of the next long-term fundraising plan, improve upon the stewardship and donor engagement program, achieve the annual performance goals that support fundraising needs, and leading the fundraising team in support of these goals. The ideal candidate for this position will be an experienced leader with a passion for the cause and demonstrated ability for relationship building and teamwork.
ErinoakKids is seeking a self-motivated fundraising generalist who excels at leading the development and implementation of a stewardship and donor engagement program that fosters and nurtures long-term, meaningful relationships between ErinoakKids and its donors and sponsors. The Director of Development will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
In this exciting opportunity, the successful candidate will play a key role in the execution of the $10 million dollar Respite Campaign over the next 5 years, while developing an effective annual giving and gift planning program. Although this is considered an on-site role, it is anticipated that the successful candidate’s time will be spent both onsite and visiting donors offsite.
What You Bring to ErinoakKids
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- As a fundraising leader, you bring 7 – 10 years of demonstrated experience leading fundraising teams
- 10 years of experience in the fundraising field, including a proven track record in developing and achieving targets for large-scale fundraising campaigns that are staff-driven, annual giving and planned giving programs
- Strong comfort and track record working with high net-worth donors (HNW) closing gifts at the $1 million level
- Experience fundraising in a like-sized smaller fund development shop
- Excellent computer proficiency, including MS Office Suite. Previous experience using Raiser’s Edge software a definite asset.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and a passionate storyteller
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience in pipeline development, potential donor review and qualification, proposal development, report writing, successful cultivation and solicitation
- Ability to align corporate/donor interest with approved funding priorities/case for support to inspire giving and long-term engagement
- A valid driver’s license and access to vehicle as required
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (3 doses)
- Understanding of the communities that ErinoakKids serves is an asset
- Strong relationship builder — good interpersonal skills and the well-honed ability to interact meaningfully with senior leaders and HNW donors. Demonstrates an eagerness to initiate new relationships and expand the donor base.
- Strategic but also understands when its important to roll up his/her sleeves and get the job done
- An influencer
- Humble – understands that raising funds for ErinoakKids is about the clients and their families
- Adaptable, flexible and able to respond to changing priorities and deadlines
- Team oriented and collaborative; enjoys a non-hierarchal environment
- A detail-oriented individual who is able to multi-task effectively
- Results-oriented and a creative thinker
- University graduate in relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and expertise
- CFRE designation or equivalent experience
- Competitive salary ($120,000 – $130,000)
- Comprehensive benefits package including a defined pension plan (HOOPP)
- Access to the Leadership Training Program and one-to-one leadership coaching for all director level positions
- Competitive Health Benefits
This search is being conducted on behalf of ErinoakKids by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting non-profit and charitable professionals for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them.
Questions about this position? Please reach out to Liz Latimer at 416.690.5377 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We request all applications be submitted online only.
For technical issues, please contact email@example.com.
To submit your application by December 12, 2022, please visit http://crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job-openings/
Select the role and ‘Apply’ to upload your cover letter and resume in two separate documents.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter online in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this information – we’d be pleased to connect with them.
Please note that all prospective ErinoakKids employees are subject to mandatory immunization requirements, including the full and ongoing COVID-19 vaccination (three doses), as a condition of obtaining and maintaining employment.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check.
We will make accommodations as provided for pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants who require accommodations for disabilities or other specific grounds need to make their needs known in advance to Human Resources.
ErinoakKids is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to being a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace.