Donor Services and Administrative Officer
Employment Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Work Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: $48,841 (L5), plus comprehensive benefits
Location: 87 Elm Street, Toronto, ON M5G 0A8
Internal Application Deadline: Friday, January 27, 2023
External Application Deadline: Monday, January 30, 2023
JOIN OUR TEAM
YWCA Toronto strives to uphold anti-discrimination practices and anti-oppression principles to ensure that the rights of all individuals are respected and protected. We work to promote a climate that is welcoming of all women and individuals who identify as Trans, intersex, non-binary, agender, and/or Two-Spirit. We encourage applications from women and gender diverse people from all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations.
The Donor Services and Administrative Officer is responsible for providing administrative support to the Director of Philanthropy and Philanthropy Managers and assist with departmental events, and administration. The position also provides support to the Philanthropy department in the donor services, data entry and gift administration process in collaboration with the Database Officer.
ABOUT YWCA TORONTO
YWCA Toronto is dedicated to improving the lives of women, girls and gender diverse people. Our programs promote equality, economic security and lives free from violence. We help women, girls and gender diverse people flee violence, secure housing, find jobs, establish their voices, enhance skills and develop confidence. We offer a range of housing options, employment and training programs, community support programs, girls’ programs and family programs. We also engage in systemic advocacy.
- Provides support to all Philanthropy staff with report development and data pulls as related to fundraising activities and communications;
- Handles all donor inquiries and complaints in a courteous manner and resolves complaints. Where necessary, refers donor concerns to the appropriate Manager or to the Director as needed;
- Works closely with Database Officer to inputs donor and other information into Raiser’s Edge database for all fundraising activities online and offline;
- Tracks donor relationships and solicitations through Raiser’s Edge database and back-up hard copy filing;
- Processes all donor thank you letters and mails them along with tax receipts in a timely manner;
- Inputs accounts payable in to the finance system;
- Prepares billing and payment requests for invoicing, purchase orders, and payment requisitions as required;
- Provides administrative support to the Director of Philanthropy and Philanthropy Managers and carries out other general office administrative duties;
- Supports the Director of Philanthropy and Philanthropy Managers in monitoring financial statements and preparing budget materials for the department;
- Responsible for departmental records management, which includes maintaining filing systems, developing procedures and criteria for archiving and disposal and completing an ongoing evaluation of such systems;
- Acts as liaison with outside vendors and service providers for administrative support.
- In depth knowledge of an academic discipline normally acquired through an undergraduate degree in a related field;
- 3 to 5 years directly related experience. Work involves application of theoretical knowledge to job-related problems (Cases for Equivalency will be considered);
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, set and meet deadlines, problem-solve, multitask and work collaboratively and efficiently to address a wide variety of considerations;
- Demonstrated ability to exercise diplomacy, tact, judgment, confidentiality, and flexibility and to represent the YWCA Toronto favourably to both internal and external constituents;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with people from all walks of life;
- Experience working in a non-profit organization;
- Knowledge of social services sector and issues faced by women, girls and gender diverse people;
- Superior organizational and administrative skills;
- Excellent communication skills: verbal and written;
- Computer competency in word processing, data entry, spreadsheets and database management software (Raiser’s Edge). Working knowledge of other fundraising software an asset.
Note: Vacation may not be taken during the Annual Association Audit or other peak times in the Annual Giving campaign cycle i.e. May, Late December and Early January.
Vaccination Policy: In accordance with YWCA Toronto’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all YWCA Toronto employees are required to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccination series by October 30, 2021. As a condition of hire, new staff will be required to submit proof of vaccination prior to their first day of work. The YWCA will consider written requests for accommodation under the Human Rights Code on a case by case basis and will accommodate those individuals who are legally entitled to accommodation.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and résumé to Mitzi Reinsilber, Manager of Annual Giving, at email@example.com. Please quote JOB ID number PHIL771 and your name in the subject line.
Please note: A vulnerable sector police reference check is required by the successful candidate prior to hiring. YWCA Toronto is a unionized workplace. Staff are represented by CUPE Local 2189. This position is within the Bargaining Unit. Please indicate on your cover letter your email subject line, if you are an internal candidate. For internal applicants, this position is not secondable.
YWCA Toronto promotes the principles of anti-oppression and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from women and gender diverse people of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations.
YWCA Toronto provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YWCA Toronto is a Scent-Sensitive Workplace.
Posting Date: January 18, 2023