Manager, Annual Giving
- Provide leadership and develop strategy for increasing Easter Seals’ financial resources through a comprehensive annual giving program to advance the strategic goals of the organization
- Develop annual giving plans and calendars and manage their implementation.
- Develop data-based goals and budget and prepare regular reports on progress
- Design and manage a comprehensive direct mail program
- Design and manage digital strategies
- Analyse annual giving results data to sharpen approach and increase return on investment
- Promote monthly giving, attracting and retaining new donors, and tracking and reporting program results
- Transform the President’s Circle into a relationship-based, mid-level donor program; manage personal solicitations as necessary.
- Explore new and creative methods to acquire and retain donors, keeping on top of emerging trends.
- Ensure that a strong stewardship program for annual donors is in place.
- Work closely with the Director of Philanthropy, Database Manager, Communications team and Donor Relations Coordinator.
- Work with external vendors on the execution of appeals.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma (fundraising/marketing/communications preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience leading and/or executing annual giving programs
- Expertise in direct mail and digital marketing strategies
- Strategic thinking with experience in annual and multi-year planning, goal setting and budget setting
- Knowledge of overall fundraising principles and practices
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills
- Excellent written communications skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to work as a team member
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge or similar donor database
- A genuine connection to Easter Seals Ontario’s mission
About Easter Seals Ontario
Easter Seals Ontario is a registered charitable organization that helps children and youth with physical disabilities from all ethnic and religious backgrounds. Since 1922, with the help of our generous donors, Easter Seals Ontario has been offering programs and services that enable kids to experience greater independence and focus on what they can do rather than on their limitations. We assist families with the purchase of essential mobility and accessibility equipment such as wheelchairs, walkers, porch lifts and ramps, as well as toileting aids and bathing equipment. We are also an industry leader in providing fully accessible summer camp programs at our two camps, Camp Woodeden in London, and Camp Merrywood in Perth. In addition, Easter Seals offers access to special education and other information resources for parents and public education and awareness on disability issues.
What’s it like to work at Easter Seals Ontario?
Our ability to deliver on its mission has helped the Easter Seals Ontario garner notable corporate support as well as the successful engagement of donors through a wide variety of regional fundraising events and annual giving. Over the last two years, Easter Seals Ontario has been working to transition to a more comprehensive and diversified fundraising approach that includes major giving. As we approach our 100th anniversary in 2022, we are at a pivotal time that is both challenging and rewarding.
Our positions offer tremendous diversity and opportunities for professional growth, focusing on our Core Values by being bold, working stronger together, by being a champion to help make a difference. Together, we are helping kids BE KIDS! EasterSeals.org.
We get excited about creating positive change for the kids and families we serve and feel like we have done our job when a community comes together with pride to achieve these incredible outcomes.