Manager, Fundraising, Engagement and Partnerships
– Manager, Fundraising, Engagement and Partnerships – Full-Time continuing (37.5 hours per week)
Do you want to be part of an organization that is working to lift up the community through improving emotional, social and spiritual health and well-being for all? Are you interested in developing and strengthening communities experiencing poverty and homelessness? Are you someone who is looking to make a difference in the world? Then this may be the career opportunity you’ve been waiting for!
Our Manager, Fundraising, Engagement and Partnerships is an important contributor to our organization, helping to indirectly support vulnerable individuals experiencing poverty and homelessness.
Founded in 1913, Evangel Hall Mission (EHM) is a multi-service agency that provides support to people who are experiencing homelessness and poverty. We offer hot meals, showers, laundry facilities and respite from the elements through our Drop in Centre. Drop-In participants can access spiritual care, volunteer and employment opportunities, and voluntary financial trusteeships from EHM staff. They can also access a range of supports from community partners through the Drop-In, such as Narcotics Anonymous, vaccine clinics, nursing care, legal clinics, programs offered by Toronto Public Health and many more. EHM is also home to over 160 individuals and families, living in our two subsidised apartment buildings.
We are looking for a Manager, Fundraising, Engagement and Partnerships to join our team who cares about the same things. As a team, we value non-judgmental acceptance, honouring commitments, transparency, continuous learning, accountability, and collaboration. If this speaks directly to you, then consider joining our team!
What you would bring to the role:
- Successful completion of a degree in business administration, public relations, marketing, communications, a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of five (5) years of recent relevant progressive experience including having a leadership role within an organization.
- Ability to generate plans to operationalize goals, and to oversee and manage activities and solutions in the immediate to shorter term.
- Success leading by example, including mentoring others to build relevant skills and competencies to realize their full potential.
- Ability to write persuasive and influential content to drive fundraising campaigns and donor development activity.
- Knowledge of fundraising, development, engagement, partnerships, volunteer, and student program service standards and principles
- Ability and skills in the areas of analysis, negotiation, conflict resolution, problem-solving and assessment.
How you would know you are a good fit:
- Your work ethos demonstrates non-judgmental acceptance, honouring commitments, transparency, continuous learning, accountability, and collaboration.
- You demonstrate personal excellence and honesty, exhibiting the highest standards of commitment and responsibility.
- You are someone who listens and understands situations, offering support and creative solutions to support all individuals involved and having considered the impacts of the various options, ensuring they are operationally sound.
- You enjoy collaborating with others to support the achievement of positive results.
What we would offer (a more detailed job description will be provided when invited to interview for the role):
You will work 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, with requirements to work evenings and weekends to attend meetings.
You will be based out of our 552 Adelaide St West located in downtown Toronto. You may be required to work from our 163 Portland St. location, just 5 5-minute walk away. There may also be local travel to attend meetings, events and activities.
A competitive annual salary in the range of $65,000-$75,000 (under review), which will be determined based on your experience.
The start date is flexible.
An excellent benefits package includes the following:
- 15 paid vacation days,
- 10 paid sick days,
- 100% employer-paid health benefits including dental, vision and prescriptions,
- Defined benefit pension plan,
- Professional development support,
- Early finish on Fridays during summer months.
EHM is committed to reflecting the community we serve and to creating an inclusive work environment for all. We welcome people of all faiths, ages, races, ethnic origins, abilities, gender identities and sexual orientations into our doors. We encourage applications from people with life experience of poverty, BIPOC, newcomers, members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community, followers of all faiths, and those with no faith at all.
If this opportunity is a good fit for you, then please reach out with your cover letter and resume (combined into a single PDF) via email with reference to the position title in the subject line of the email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the day (5:00 pm, eastern time) on October 2, 2023.
We thank all those interested in the position, however, only those selected to participate in the process will be contacted.